VIC Found

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Item: 26" Rock shox SID 2000-2007ish model
Price range/Willing to Pay: Not a lot, but fair :)
Extra Info: Not fussy at all about cosmetics but must be in reasonable condition. Looking for a fork for 9yo's 24" bike, and apparently these early SIDs have the right axle to crown. 63mm travel version preferred, then 80mm.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Hey nigs. Help summitfever find a late model Reba, or another set of 32 mm sids, and he has a set of 28mm sids he can move along. I had been working on this, but gave up and bought....shudder...fox.... :ban:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Hey nigs. Help summitfever find a late model Reba, or another set of 32 mm sids, and he has a set of 28mm sids he can move along. I had been working on this, but gave up and bought....shudder...fox.... :ban:
I am sorry to hear of your fox purchase. My condolences. I have some fox forks on my 29er. They don't seem to understand that the oil should be on the INside.

So Georg is looking for 26" 32mm SIDs or late model Reba? I will do my best ebay and gumtree scouring on his behalf....

moorey

call me Mia
I am sorry to hear of your fox purchase. My condolences. I have some fox forks on my 29er. They don't seem to understand that the oil should be on the INside.

So Georg is looking for 26" 32mm SIDs or late model Reba? I will do my best ebay and gumtree scouring on his behalf....
Been doing the same. There was a glut a few months ago, but have dried up. Fox is for mates son, btw. Wouldn't do it to my own kids.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I'm after a set of 32mm SIDs, ideally straight steerer but I can make tapered steerer work. 9mm or 15mm thru. Late model Rebas (2012+) are OK too, but the dampers (comp and rebound) are garbage so a comparable Reba would need to be seriously cheap. Like Moorey says, several months ago the interwebs were awash with SIDs in the $140-$200 range. The only reasonably priced set I have seen recently were a set of WC SIDs that went on fleabay last week for about $170 (carbon crown/tapered steerer).

Basically, if you were to send me a set of 120mm SIDs, I'd send you my youngest daughter's 28mm 2007 SIDs and $150. The SIDs have been tuned for a 35-40kg rider, have new bushings, seals, oil etc. Feature dual air springs and upgraded damper. They weigh 1318g with v-brake bosses and starnut (easily sub 1280g without vbrake bosses and starnut).

They are great forks for a younger rider but are the only remaining set of 28mm SIDs that I have, so if possible, I'd like to just standardise all my spare parts etc. around the 32mm SIDs.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I'm after a set of 32mm SIDs, ideally straight steerer but I can make tapered steerer work. 9mm or 15mm thru. Late model Rebas (2012+) are OK too, but the dampers (comp and rebound) are garbage so a comparable Reba would need to be seriously cheap. Like Moorey says, several months ago the interwebs were awash with SIDs in the $140-$200 range. The only reasonably priced set I have seen recently were a set of WC SIDs that went on fleabay last week for about $170 (carbon crown/tapered steerer).

Basically, if you were to send me a set of 120mm SIDs, I'd send you my youngest daughter's 28mm 2007 SIDs and $150. The SIDs have been tuned for a 35-40kg rider, have new bushings, seals, oil etc. Feature dual air springs and upgraded damper. They weigh 1318g with v-brake bosses and starnut (easily sub 1280g without vbrake bosses and starnut).

They are great forks for a younger rider but are the only remaining set of 28mm SIDs that I have, so if possible, I'd like to just standardise all my spare parts etc. around the 32mm SIDs.
How would a

2011 Rock Shox Sid RLT - Remote lockout, Dual Air

suit you? Looks like a straight steerer.