Found

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Item: 29" Boost wheelset. Ideally reasonably wide and reasonably light. happy with Alloy rims
Price and price conditions: Depends on whats offered and its condition but probably <$1200 as an upper limit
Extra Info: Something like the 30mm wide DT Swiss XM1501's or similar

Thanks all. ended up ordering a new set of xm1501's from the germans in the end

Last edited:
Z

Zaf

I've got a pair of Bontrager Line 40 Carbon wheels, relatively unused, bought them for the Slash and then used them for about 50km before going back to alloys and travelling with the bike. $900 + postage (have a box for them).
Will try and dig up some photos of them, I wont be home until tomorrow night to get any detailed shots. A few little cosmetic rock scratches from riding out here, otherwise dead straight and pristine condition.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Cheers. Interested to have a look at the pics but I think they may be too wide looking at the specs on the net.

Z

Zaf

Yeah, big 40mm suckers, largely why I haven't used them so much as they exposed sidewalls a little too much and limited tyre choice.
I might have some Alloy Line 30's soon, bit more use on them is all and I need to pull the bike down first.

Let me get some pics of the Line 40's, because they are the previous year editions and have a really nice finish to them (grey with small red accents on a satin carbon finish).

Z

Zaf

Not the best photo, but gives you an idea of the what they look like. That's with an Agressor 2.3 and Minion DHF2.5 as well as Bontrager XR4's 2.4's for reference. Bags the tyres up nicely, was keeping them around on the off chance that I would try the Slash with 2.6's, but given that bike is going to go for sale soon in anticipation for the new one, I'll have little reason to hold onto them.
0 (1).jpg
0.jpg

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Cheers, they do look nice (and the red accent would work!), but I think they are just too wide - they are going on a hardtail.

I am not sure I really get on with wide rims either. I have a set of 40mm wide Zelvys on another bike and would happily drop down to something narrower.

slowandold

Likes Dirt
Why not just buy a set of the DT 1501s?
I recently bought a set from Germany for about $1150 shipped. Wasn't sure about going over $1000 and attracting attention from customs so bought the front and rear separately. Doubled my shipping costs obviously but I figured it was still going to be cheaper than attracting GST etc.
Bought as an upgrade from some 2017 Bontrager Line Comps. Really happy with them.

Edit. Just did a quick search on Bike 24 and Bike -Discount for the XMs. Availability may be a problem. Seems to be EX1501s available though.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Why not just buy a set of the DT 1501s?
I recently bought a set from Germany for about $1150 shipped. Wasn't sure about going over $1000 and attracting attention from customs so bought the front and rear separately. Doubled my shipping costs obviously but I figured it was still going to be cheaper than attracting GST etc.
Bought as an upgrade from some 2017 Bontrager Line Comps. Really happy with them.

Edit. Just did a quick search on Bike 24 and Bike -Discount for the XMs. Availability may be a problem. Seems to be EX1501s available though.
Exactly what I did, and padded out each order with other bits and pieces too. The EX1501s would be slightly heavier but a good bit stronger, although I can't fault my XMs and I'm no featherweight.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I have a set of Easton 30mm with DT Swiss 350 hubs, XD driver, SRAM 10-50 12spd cassette, and 180mm rotors, Maxxis DHF and Minion SS rear up for grabs if interested? They are off a 2018 Norco Sight

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
I have a set of Easton 30mm with DT Swiss 350 hubs, XD driver, SRAM 10-50 12spd cassette, and 180mm rotors, Maxxis DHF and Minion SS rear up for grabs if interested? They are off a 2018 Norco Sight
Sounds interesting. Any pics and what price are you looking at?
cheers
Pete