EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Edit: found!!

Item: 27.5 2.6-2.8 tyre e.g maxxis DHF/R, Schwalbe Nobby Nic, Magic Mary etc

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Looked on TBE?
I’ll check if I still have a 2.8 rekon/DHF combo that came on wheels and I removed.
Out of interest, what are you hoping to like about a 2.8 nn if you don’t like a 3.0 nn?

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
Yeah can find new ones online, was just hunting for a cheaper secondhand tyre first. Facebook marketplace Melb has none currently.

So I've tried the 3.0" nobby nics, then some cheaper Kenda Havocs in 2.8" i picked up but have settled on a 2.6 Nobby Nic in the rear, and looking for something a bit better than the Kenda up front. Would go 2.6" front and rear but BB height + crank length + 120mm travel mean I need to keep the front a bit higher.
The 3.0" Nobby Nics felt like balloons to me, the 2.8" Kenda felt better but being cheap/weak tyres aren't up really up to the task.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've got a couple of Bontrager 2.8's at home that I'm not using. Let me know if you want any more details.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a brand new 2.6 Dissector if interested. Been on one 20min ride before I decided mullet wasn't the go.

EZZA 84

Likes Bikes
So many options! I'm wondering what would go best on the Alex MD40 rim. Would a squarer tyre like a DHF sit weird on a rim that wide? The 2.6 Nobby Nic looks good on the rear with it's rounder shape.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So many options! I'm wondering what would go best on the Alex MD40 rim. Would a squarer tyre like a DHF sit weird on a rim that wide? The 2.6 Nobby Nic looks good on the rear with it's rounder shape.
DHF should be fine on the front. The 2.6 is a good size, the wider rim won't bother it. I ran it on a 34mm internal width rim and it was still plenty round (a fraction more than I would've like if I'm honest as I like DHF's setup slightly squared off). 34-40mm internal should be perfect for the 2.6.