VIC FOUND

Staunch

Eats Squid
Item: Cracked/Damaged road frame. Bonus points for having a matching fork.
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100-150
Extra Info:
After a 56cm (may also take a 58cm) road frame to build up a trainer bike. Preferable something relatively modern so it has reasonable geometry

Happy for anything with a hairline crack, or will even take a carbon frame that has a fully seperated chainstay or seatstay (always wanted to trial carbon repair).

Preferably 135mm rear end

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Not sure if this will work, but I have a specialized secteur expert disc (2013) in 54 that got slightly bent rear triangle from a rear ender. It's not cracked but the shop said as it's alu they would just write it off for insurance - 50/50 that bending it back would work.

I normally ride a 56 and this is on the compact side of things for me. Yours if you want it, just keen to not see it go to landfill. Currently it's sitting on the wall waiting for mates to ask so I can tell them the story of the day I nearly died.

*Edit: Includes fork, post and stem. Cons are it's PF30, but that might mean you get cheap cranks on fb market.

Staunch

Eats Squid
Not sure if this will work, but I have a specialized secteur expert disc (2013) in 54 that got slightly bent rear triangle from a rear ender. It's not cracked but the shop said as it's alu they would just write it off for insurance - 50/50 that bending it back would work.

I normally ride a 56 and this is on the compact side of things for me. Yours if you want it, just keen to not see it go to landfill. Currently it's sitting on the wall waiting for mates to ask so I can tell them the story of the day I nearly died.

*Edit: Includes fork, post and stem. Cons are it's PF30, but that might mean you get cheap cranks on fb market.
I appreciate the offer but I think a 54cm would be too small.
I'm 191cm so even a 56 is on the smaller side, but I've got (relatively) short arms so they tend to work with a stock length stem. 58cm I'll normally drop back to a 70 or 80mm stem to make them fit.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I also had a 60cm old kona dew frame, but just built that up over the christmas period so now it's my beater! Good luck with your search! (y)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I have an intact ie not damaged frame 1980s quick release Viner Columbus steel + fork + 1 inch threaded stem and bearings , square BB if you want , sliding rear drop out ,original orange paint, VTT 56-58 takes 33mm tyres OK ,dont want much for it ,
Live NE Vic bike country.

Staunch

Eats Squid
I have an intact ie not damaged frame 1980s quick release Viner Columbus steel + fork + 1 inch threaded stem and bearings , square BB if you want , sliding rear drop out ,original orange paint, VTT 56-58 takes 33mm tyres OK ,dont want much for it ,
Live NE Vic bike country.
Sorry mate, after something more modern to fit the parts/groupset I have.