Fox 36 id help. I have tried fox site :-(

safreek

Hey peoples, would anyone have any idea what year these forks came from, I have had a look at the fox site to no avail.

Obviously they are 36s and have a tapered steerer. The best my shitty eyes can make out with numbers are 366804. 0002 ?

Needing to buy an axle

Cheers for any help

IMG_20240315_181125.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Robert axle project may do one if hard to find from cyclinic etc
Good point, tubbsy.

@safreek take a few more photos and send an email to Cyclinic. They have always been helpful with my enquiries and will steer you in the right direction if you can't find a specific item on their website.

Last edited:

safreek

Robert axle project may do one if hard to find from cyclinic etc
shall Google Robert axle project. Cheers
Good point, tubbsy.

@safreek take a few more photos and send an email to Cyclinic. They have always been helpful with my enquiries and will steer you in the right direction if you can't find a specific item on their website.
Thanks for that. I hadn't actually thought of them for some reason.
Last time I went there I bought some new fangled hardware for a fox shocky.
Not only did they have the hardware but they put it in the eyelets for me and mounted the shock in the frame all at cost .

Thinking it's an excuse to go for a day or so to bruzzie and see if they have the correct axle

safreek

I was wondering if I can't get an axle to suit could I hack out the thread and just use a straight marzocchi axle. Just a thought but it would be a shame to butcher them

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok, good news.
Fox 40 axle will fit, 5mm overhang but, hey.

Sounds like something a grinder will solve.

I was wondering if I can't get an axle to suit could I hack out the thread and just use a straight marzocchi axle. Just a thought but it would be a shame to butcher them

Oh please let us know how this works out! I think the axle will be a different shape. From memory the fox axle back then had a step down on the non-threaded side. This may have been before they were the same company.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I get you, so for my next bike I'll need a grinder.
That's what you are recommending, yeah :p
Well, you could buy a very ugly and heavy department store bike. No bike thief with any decency wouldn't want to risk losing face in front of other bike thieves being *that* guy that flogs the real dungers.

Park where you like sir, it will still be there later :)