Fox 36 VAN-R Preload Issues

BansheeTwoTwelve

Likes Dirt
Hey guys Im having a bit of a problem with my forks. Rebound Adjustment works fine (Pink Dial) however the Preload Adjustment (Blue Dial) is stuck in place, its pretty much dialed out to the minumum because of my size. I bought the 06 36VAN R's (Without FiT cartrage) brand new off ebay a couple of months ago. Anyone know what the issue is ?

The forks are still smooth as, im just looking to adjust the preload to dial it in for the different teraign ive been riding recently.

Any suggestions to the problem would be gladly appreciated

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably wound out hard against it's stop then taken a decent impact.
This is why it's always a good idea to hit the end limit then turn back in/out a quarter ;)

You could probably get a 12mm spanner on the preload dial and try giving it a bit more force but that'll mark the anodising.
Best solution would be to take the whole preload cap off and undo the knob assembly from the underside - there's a 3mm allen key screw holding it together. That way you can pull it all apart, unjam and clean, then reassemble with grease. Mind you this is only if you're confident with DIY mechanics... otherwise get someone in the know to help out.

BansheeTwoTwelve

Likes Dirt
Probably wound out hard against it's stop then taken a decent impact.
This is why it's always a good idea to hit the end limit then turn back in/out a quarter ;)

You could probably get a 12mm spanner on the preload dial and try giving it a bit more force but that'll mark the anodising.
Best solution would be to take the whole preload cap off and undo the knob assembly from the underside - there's a 3mm allen key screw holding it together. That way you can pull it all apart, unjam and clean, then reassemble with grease. Mind you this is only if you're confident with DIY mechanics... otherwise get someone in the know to help out.
Im probably dropping the lowers out, for new seals etc, doing a bit of a rebuild alltogether next weekend on the bike. I always do turn them back after hitting the end limit, just I havnt touched the preload in months, so I have no idea when it started to clog up.