FOX 40's or boxer wworld cups???

driftking

Wheel size expert
As others have said it has been covered alot.
personally I have always loved air forks however that been said the new 40's have a very good rep.
This thread will get people saying both are better with the few users throwing in 888 Evo's and potentiallythe dorados may come up and BOS may as well.
When it comes down to it it is going to be personal preference, there are enough riders out there on different forks getting high results, at the end of the day you can't go wrong with a top fork and you riding will have the final say.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coming from an ex 40's owner and now a boxxer wc owner (now with Elka cartridge).. 40's are lightyears ahead of the standard boxxer!

V10

Likes Dirt
I've run boxxer wc's, 888's and 40's and have to say that 40's are my favorite by far. They just seem to track and hold line far better. Having said that I'm a 93kg rider.

demodv8

Likes Dirt
Coming from an ex 40's owner and now a boxxer wc owner (now with Elka cartridge).. 40's are lightyears ahead of the standard boxxer!
So how do the Boxxers with the Elka cartridge compare to the 40s I was thimking along the line's of getting a set of teams and putting a Elka cartridge in or do you think the 40 would be better cheers

TallGuy

Likes Bikes
This is a hard topic to actually say anything about for me, having not tried either. but it does seem to be a topic that is a holden/ford battle(Holden For THE WIN!). just to put them side by side though. the boxxer is air sprung, has skinnier uppers 35mm and offers beginning/end-stroke rebound, high/low speed compression adjustments, and then preload and air volume adjustments. the fox 40 is coil sprung, has a larger 40mm upper (which it's named after) and the rebound, high/low speed compression and preload. the boxxers have "low friction adonising" while the fox 40's have kashima coating (smoother).

aside from that all i can tell you for sure is that you will get less twist in the fork legs with the 40's, but not as much adjustability. you will get a smoother feel with the kashima coat than with adonising, but the boxxers are lighter. it's just another holden/ford thing
just go BOS idylle RaRe!

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
This is a hard topic to actually say anything about for me, having not tried either. but it does seem to be a topic that is a holden/ford battle(Holden For THE WIN!). just to put them side by side though. the boxxer is air sprung, has skinnier uppers 35mm and offers beginning/end-stroke rebound, high/low speed compression adjustments, and then preload and air volume adjustments. the fox 40 is coil sprung, has a larger 40mm upper (which it's named after) and the rebound, high/low speed compression and preload. the boxxers have "low friction adonising" while the fox 40's have kashima coating (smoother).

aside from that all i can tell you for sure is that you will get less twist in the fork legs with the 40's, but not as much adjustability. you will get a smoother feel with the kashima coat than with adonising, but the boxxers are lighter. it's just another holden/ford thing
just go BOS idylle RaRe!
I have ridden BOS idylles given only a hand full of times and it was set up for a slightly heavier rider than myself but the forks were a msssive let down. They were not as frictionless and did not track as well as I expected, I am not the only one I know who has been less than impressed by the forks. I would take boxxers, 40s or Marz over the bos from my experience any day.
The stoy on the other hand is freaking awesome but for me sits way to low into its travel and accually gave me a fair bit of pedal bob.

Last edited:

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So how do the Boxxers with the Elka cartridge compare to the 40s I was thimking along the line's of getting a set of teams and putting a Elka cartridge in or do you think the 40 would be better cheers
There a big step closer.. but compared to the new 40's there still not there.
But given in mind you can buy a rockshox race and put an Elka cartridge in it for far less than buying a Fox 40 they're pretty good value!!
I wouldn't go out to buy a team or WC and then put the cartridge in off the bat unless you already had the forks (like i did).