Fox Float 32 seal/service kits

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey All,

I'm sure this has been done a zillion times here and I have done a quick search and can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread listing seal kits required to rebuild Fox float 32 forks, or perhaps tell me what I need? I've got no problems doing it myself as I have rebuilt many hydraulic and pneumatic actuators in my previous life as a maintenance fitter.

Many thanks
Chris

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey All,

I'm sure this has been done a zillion times here and I have done a quick search and can't find a definitive answer. Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread listing seal kits required to rebuild Fox float 32 forks, or perhaps tell me what I need? I've got no problems doing it myself as I have rebuilt many hydraulic and pneumatic actuators in my previous life as a maintenance fitter.

Many thanks
Chris

This is all you need:

http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/fox-fork-dust-wiper-seal-kit-3794

includes seals, foam rings and crush washers.

Also buy the 20Wt Fox gold oil it is the shit and better than any generic moto fork oil.

Buy a section of PVC pipe fitting from bunnings that has correct ID to press in the new seals.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is all you need:

http://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/fox-fork-dust-wiper-seal-kit-3794

Also buy the 20Wt Fox gold oil it is the shit and better than any generic moto fork oil.

Buy a section of PVC pipe fitting from bunnings that has correct ID to press in the new seals.
Thanks for that. Apart from the dust and wiper seals would you know which kit is needed for the damper? Apparently it should be serviced every 100 hours? doesn't take long to rack up 100 hours if you ride 4x p/w! Looking at the fox site, they recommend Fox green 10 wt which I can't seem to find in stock anywhere. Is using a higher wt oil going to cause issues?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that Gold replaces Green which is no longer available!

Last edited:

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
no kit needed for the damper, just oil change. In years of fork servicing have almost never seen a fox damper which needs rebuilding as a routine thing.

but srsly, what is your fork? That will determine the answers to your questions.

- Joel

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
no kit needed for the damper, just oil change. In years of fork servicing have almost never seen a fox damper which needs rebuilding as a routine thing.

but srsly, what is your fork? That will determine the answers to your questions.

- Joel
Joel, Thanks for the info. Fork is a Fox float 32 29 CTD.

So basically it's change the oil in the lower legs every 30 hours and do the dust and wiper seals, along with changing the damper oil every 100 hours or so...?

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
approximately. If you're keen. For most people (who don't record hours or generally pay attention) I say if you ride 1-2 times a week - every 12 months do full service. If you ride 3 or more times a week - every 6 months. If you ride heaps, maybe add a lowers service in there somewhere too. I have only one or two clients who actually ask for a lowers service.

- Joel

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
approximately. If you're keen. For most people (who don't record hours or generally pay attention) I say if you ride 1-2 times a week - every 12 months do full service. If you ride 3 or more times a week - every 6 months. If you ride heaps, maybe add a lowers service in there somewhere too. I have only one or two clients who actually ask for a lowers service.

- Joel
Yeh, I ride the MTB 4 times per week so I'd be doing a 6 monthly! The more I ride the trails the more I dislike the road!

Thanks again!

Chris

sbr511

Likes Dirt
This is all you need:

Everywhere i read it says to use 10wt oil?? I need to do my dust seals soon as one is weeping...

NSDynamics

Farkin Advertiser
Hey Chris,

Nsdynamics have everything you will require in stock. Seal kits, (genuine and aftermarket), damper service kit, fox 20wt gold, fox 10wt green oil. Also 10wt damper fluid (red) if you have a FIT damper, and all the info/tips you will require.

3393 0562

Cheers

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Chris,

Nsdynamics have everything you will require in stock. Seal kits, (genuine and aftermarket), damper service kit, fox 20wt gold, fox 10wt green oil. Also 10wt damper fluid (red) if you have a FIT damper, and all the info/tips you will require.

3393 0562

Cheers
I came across your website whilst looking for plastic crush washers. I couldn't find Fox oil anywhere on your site apart from the small bottles supplied in your service kits. It would have made the postage more palatable if I could have ordered other items apart from a few sets of crush washers.

On the subject of aftermarket kits ie. Racing Bros: are they any better/worse than the genuine Fox kit?

Another website to look at is enduroforkseals.com they have all the OEM parts as well as after market too.

Last edited:

P-Mu

Squid
Just my 2 cents, but give Aaron a call at NS Dynamics and he'll get you sorted. I've bought parts from them in the past and they have always been very helpful. They'll also sell you smaller bottles of the Fox oil which will work out cheaper than buying 500ml or 1L when you only need 30ml or so.