Fox Float R?

josh123

Likes Dirt
Can anyone give me helpful advice on this shock for a freeride bike?? I've seen it on both DH bikes (with the piggy back), aswell as a lot of XC or Enduro bikes.
Any help would be great, Cheers!

gragra

Likes Bikes
You'll need to be more specific champ...

The FOX Float series is an AIR series shock/fork - VANILLA is the term they usually use for the coil over shock and the coil forks.

THe piggy back you refer to is the reservoir you'll find on many coil shocks (rear end) - and that's a different kettle of fish to the FLOAT air shock.

Having said that, FOX shox are usually great. i have FOX float forks and Fox float shock and i'm very happy with them - you would most likely want a fox vanilla rp3/5 for heavy duty freeride use.

others may have more opinions on the cost/benefits of other shock offerings in this area - eg: progressive and manitou.

topher

Likes Dirt
Try the Vanilla for a freeride bike, but if youve got some serious cash try the 36 TALAS or the 36 VANILLA bloody brilliant forks

fastrider gus

super huck
I used to have a float R on a 4by and seeing as you posted this in the freeride forum, id reccomend you get a coil sprung shock. i had to pump mine up to around 300psi just so i didnt bottom it out as much (it still did bottom out heaps). if you are jumping and dropping the shock wont last you long at all and you'll go through so many shock bolts it wont be funny.