Fox Float RP2 vs R

GTBoy

Likes Bikes
Hi All,
Just wondering what the differences are between the RP2 and the R are. I have seen some things that say the RP2 has lockout, where others say it had adjustable ProPedal. Are they talking about the same thing? Assuming that they are, how much better less pedal bob would you with the RP2 v R.
Cheers

{ScarFace}

Likes Dirt
Hi All,
Just wondering what the differences are between the RP2 and the R are. I have seen some things that say the RP2 has lockout, where others say it had adjustable ProPedal. Are they talking about the same thing? Assuming that they are, how much better less pedal bob would you with the RP2 v R.
Cheers
RP2 has pro-pedal, whereas R is simply factory tuned pro-pedal. Simply means you can't turn it on and off.

EDIT: feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Last edited:

GTBoy

Likes Bikes
RP2 has pro-pedal, whereas R is simply factory tuned pro-pedal. Simply means you can't turn it on and off.

EDIT: feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
That's kind of what I thought. What is the difference then between factory tuned pro pedal and adjustable pro pedal.

niftydog

Likes Dirt
You should get your info from the source and avoid the confusion of terms. Info all previous models can be found in the tech centre section.

The R has a rebound adjustment dial, pro pedal is factory set and can't be changed.

The RP2 has a rebound dial and a pro pedal lever which allows you to turn it off/on.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It goes a bit deeper than "factory set propedal vs on off switch". There's much more to the RP* than a fancy blue lever ;)
The RP* have a more complex shim stack with different oil path to the R, so even with the Pro Pedal lever engaged it'll have better damping (especially over small bumps) than an R... and with it open, well, better again :)