Fox Fork Spares

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Due to neglect my F29 is in pretty bad shape. Given the cost and timing it looks like a new fork is my best option.

Longer term though I would like to reco the fork and then I can rotate the two forks during maintenance.

For some reason I thought of fork servicing as a bit of a black art, but after looking at the Fox site, oil and seals is very straight forward so I may as well do it myself and save 3 weeks turnaround.

Is there an online alternative for buying spares eg seals, wipers plus I also need an upper too? Either Aus or overseas.

Or do I have to go back through the LBS and have to wait for orders to come in, pick up yada yada

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Seals, ebay, CRC etc. Uppers, if you mean stantions then you're going to struggle. They're expensive and may make rebuilding the fork not worth while. When I've needed them I've been lucky and bought second hand with damaged lowers and raided them for parts. This might be a difficult option for 29" forks.

top_oz_bloke

Likes Dirt
Seals, ebay, CRC etc. Uppers, if you mean stantions then you're going to struggle. They're expensive and may make rebuilding the fork not worth while. When I've needed them I've been lucky and bought second hand with damaged lowers and raided them for parts. This might be a difficult option for 29" forks.
Yeah, obviously need to price it up first to see whether it's wort it. I was hoping someone would point me to some super cheap spares place selling cut priced F29 parts but suspect this won't be the case...