Fox Freeride Forx

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seems asif the market for tough SC forks has been nopted by producers, marzocchi 66, RS pike (or is it the reba? ones a XC fork ,the other 'freeride') and now the fox 36.
Should be good, esp for all the "freeriders" out there who, at the moment have a relatively small SC fork selection that are also able to handle other forms of riding.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well hopefully manitou wont own it at burly SC fork market. But way back 5" sc forks were just like WWWWOOOOAAAAAAA. So it could just be progression.

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks the goods, hope the price isn't too outrageous.

I wonder why Fox went with the "36" name? I suppose 666 might have been pushing it.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
FOX is pushing technology ahead again by using oversized 36 mm upper tubes which allow the fork to handle extreme loads, offer excellent strength v's weight, and once again provide unparalleled steering precision. The 36 is equipped with TALAS adjustable travel system, allowing the rider to tune their travel from 110mm to 150mm and will weigh under 5 pounds in its’ single crown, 1-1/8 steer configuration. Similar to the new FOX DH fork, the 36 has a stepped 20mm thru-axle allowing the lower leg to settle into a lower friction point.

Maybe thats why.....

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so even though you have no idea what they ride like you are going to get them because they look like.....<insertnamehere>_2004 style :p

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Simo said:
so even though you have no idea what they ride like you are going to get them because they look like.....<insertnamehere>_2004 style :p
hehehehehehehehe :wink: :wink:

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i guess manitou is going to need
to put a out a top of the line sherman
using 1.125 headtube to give
the rest of the forks some competition
ie 66, z150(if that will be still around), reba, 36etc

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
RaID said:
They have got a 6" SC on the cards for next year, cant remember the name of it tho. :wink:

S.

ex offender
Ride_Guy said:
RaID said:
They have got a 6" SC on the cards for next year, cant remember the name of it tho. :wink:
Nixon? Minute?