Fox remote lockout setup

digbyj

Scooteria
Morning from too wet to ride Melbourne,
Got a question about my Fox front sus remote lockout lever.
I just bought a new bike, I had my old one for 10 years and the front lockout was situated at the end of the grip and you just bump it, so simple.
The new one is a lever you actuate with your thumb, which seems backwards in evolution from the previous.
I can’t quite get the lever to sit in a nice place due to the relationship with the brake lever, it either cramps me up or I have to reach too far. Wondering if anyone knows what I’m talking about and has any tips?
Could I even buy a lever like my old one and retro fit it?
Cheers

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I am assuming you have one of these?

And your old lever is one of these?

digbyj

Scooteria
KDK, that’s a pretty generous offer! It certainly looks different to the one I have. Is it a nudge one? Does it mount on lhs?
I’m in Melbourne outer east.. would much prefer to exchange it for a 6 pack then take for nothing if it suits my needs.
Cheers

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a left hand side mount, I'm not sure what you mean by nudge? You press the silver lever down and it locks, then the black one unlocks (I think) I've never run it, just came with some forks I bought.
I'm also in the east, PM me and we can meet up within 5km of each other. I'm riding Smiths on the weekend if you want to meet there?

digbyj

Scooteria
left had is good! My old fox one in the pic above you just nudge to unlock, worked really well.
Ima bit further east (Healesville) so can’t get to smiths at the moment.
How about I get in touch in a couple of weeks when god help us we may be allowed further..,
Cheers