Fox RLC

PepsiMax

Likes Bikes
I'm over riding with a 9mm dropout & want to with to say a 15mm axle.

I've got Fox Fit RL F-Series 100mm 9mm forks, but I was wondering can I just purchase a new 15mm lower assembly, instead of purchasing new forks all together & switch them over when I get the suspension serviced at my LBS?

If so where could I order this part from, I also need to find the part pretty quick as I'm racing in the Mont24hr

Cheers

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your local bike shop should be able to through the distributor.
Or, id recommend sending them down to Ken @ Tekin Suspension. He'll have everything and have them back to you in no time.

Remember you'll need a 15mm hub to suit as well (some hubs can be converted)..

redbruce

Eats Squid
Your local bike shop should be able to through the distributor.
Or, id recommend sending them down to Ken @ Tekin Suspension. He'll have everything and have them back to you in no time.

Remember you'll need a 15mm hub to suit as well (some hubs can be converted)..
I converted my sons front 9mm QR hub to 9mm through axle for a significant improvement for the cost of some adapters and a through axle off CRC.

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
there cant be that much of a difference from a 9mm to a 15mm is there? like ofcourse i wouldnt run a 9mm on like a dh rig but if ur just doing ur general xc stuff then it should be fine?

muvro

Likes Dirt
Trail riding I can't tell squat between 15mm and QR. However when it gets techy there is a difference. In saying that I don't think it's worth buying brand new lowers for the conversion. I'd wait for a well priced second hand set and make a set of forks with the best bits, then sell the others to recoup some money.

PepsiMax

Likes Bikes
there cant be that much of a difference from a 9mm to a 15mm is there? like ofcourse i wouldnt run a 9mm on like a dh rig but if ur just doing ur general xc stuff then it should be fine?
the lowers are gonna cost about 550 to get installed, due to lowers cost 350ish then the oils, work that needs to be done

so Im gonna just buy new forks with 15QR

well the reason im buying it, is that the mavic crossmax slr set i have, has a 15QR to 9mm plugs, but when I go riding they make heaps of noise, as the plastic caps arent that tight & on long rides it does get pretty annoying to the point where you would rather strap the bike to your back

I love the 15mm over the 9, just feels more direct. Think your decision of getting a different set of forks is a good one as you can often pick them up for a sweet price. Anything involving LBS always seems to get expensive fast.