Fox Rollercoaster powered by BH Bikes - 2015 NSW and ACT Enduro State Series

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
Great weekend riding, racing, camping, 4wding. How much can one handle....and then you see this man.

Is he the most enduro man alive, rocking the goggles, mullet, backpack and has a sponsor.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
I added more links with race reports + videos onto our results page.
Don't forget to download your free race pics from OuterImage! Please share them around and tag the sponsors.

For Round 2 we are planning to have a shuttle practice day on Saturday and shuttles for practice on Sunday morning. Racing will be self propelled.

I spent all day yesterday coming up with a better and simpler way to do the timing. Got rid of having to clear the chips after every run. You now can read out your times whenever you like - it's not mandatory anymore to do it after every run but you can if you like to know your time right away. Also we will be able to read it all out with 1 computer rather than 1 per track. This also gives us the option to run 4 trails all at the same time. The new system will combine all your times of the trails you have ridden right away.

We always get asked why we use the chip timing rather than the one we use for the XC events: main reason is that we can setup start and finish practically anywhere on the trails. At Killi for example 2 of the 3 starts were not accessible by car. The XC setup needs computers, a generator, mats, cables etc. Also it is one of the few systems where we can run multiple trails at the same time which gives it a pretty unique racing character as well as minimises traffic and has no need for pre-set start times.

We also looked at the rider list and decided to add a U17 category retrospectively (is this a word?). Meaning points and certificates will be awarded for Round 1 as well. Sorry about not having sorted that before the race but with such big U19 and U15 fields on the day we decided it's fair to open up U17.

Those are all the Rollercoaster updates I have for you for now :)

I am so happy when it rains AFTER an event....

loc81

Likes Dirt
I found the timing set up at Killi pretty easy but if you want to make it easier, by all means!
Only 3 of us "rear suspension challenged" entrants but I'm still glad the category is back this year. I can't make Del Rio, but aiming to get to the rest of the series and trying to hustle up some more HT entrants along the way. Feel free to move the Thredbo round earlier to Easter so us folks above Sydney don't have to do 2 x +6hr drives in 48hrs if we commit! pleeeaaase :)
Killi was a great day! I love how #enduro brings such a mixed bag of riders together.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Goddamit.. They must be afraid of making money! Must be an egg hunt style bushwalking festival on.
Well you just made it apparent that Easter weekend needs to be a punter run, on bike Easter egg hunt out killi or maybe in the Watagans haha

Whats the story with del rio these days as far as gettin some riding in before the race? Unfortunately not going to be making the ride day this weekend but what about any other weekends?

thisisjosh95

Likes Bikes
so excited for this one! haven't ridden del rio before but Killi was beyond awesome. let's hope it kindaaaa stays away from 40 degrees though!

stickso

Likes Dirt
Dead keen for Del Rio. Twisting of mates arms isn't getting the expected result, so might end up there on my own. It isn't far from home so really don't want to miss it.

trailburner

Whats the story with del rio these days as far as gettin some riding in before the race? Unfortunately not going to be making the ride day this weekend but what about any other weekends?
Riding is only allowed on official race/ride days. WSMTB have one this Sunday. We will be there to map the trails we will use.

trailburner

Del Rio trackmap

RC-trackmap-delrio-2015LG.jpg

3 trails. The Rubena trail is longer than it looks but will still be the shortest of the 3. We expect around 10 minute racetimes again but you you include all the neutral sections I can guarantee you that you will get plenty of chamois time... or rather baggy shorts time.

trailburner

Once again we are giving away ALL pics taken by Outerimage away for FREE at the next Rollercoaster! Throw a thanks to Fox and BH Bikes for making this possible when you see them.