Fox Talas 36's Vs Rock SHOX Revelations.

Dan76

Likes Dirt
Hey I have a set of 08 Fox Talas 36 Rc2's I was wondering if the Rock Shox revelations or Pikes are a lighter set of Forks for all mountain/trail use. I am trying to cut down the weight of my dually and the Fox's feel pretty heavy. Cheers Dan

spongebob

Likes Dirt
Dan I'm not going to look up web-sites for you to check weights , but you are comparing not particularly equivalent forks. Pikes & Rev's are 140mm. Lyriks are 160mm & the usual comparison to 36's, unless you particularly want less travel.

Kernal Klink

Likes Dirt
The Tallas is a pretty killer fork man, if your doing all mountain kind of stuff they are right on the money.
AS sponge bob said, check out the website and ur LBS for weights, but for whats its worth i run revelations and they are an awesome all mountain fork. Light, responsive and versatile. My only complaint is that they arn't as stiff as perhaps they could be. Still i personally feel that revs or even a pike are a little step down from the tallas.
And i dont think lyric will make u happy if the tallas is already too heavy!

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 36 talas only weigh 2200g from memory, which is a blooody light 160mm fork. Most of my DJ forks I have owned has weighed substantionally(sp?) more than that, and they are 100mm.