Frame measurement question (Glory)

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Can someone please measure as accurate as they can, the Reach measurement on a medium Glory 07/08/09 etc, maybe even if someone can do the same for a 2010? So I can work out frame sizing better to a new 2010 Glory. I'm a little confused as most small frame sizes in other brands are actually larger than my old medium (horizontal). I can also use it to measure against other frames and I think it's probably the most accurate way to find the correct sizing to what I'm comfortable with. Rather using the Horizontal top tube length dew to the variations in seat angles and head angles etc.

I have marked with red the measurement on this photo

Attachments

Last edited:

cjm102

Likes Dirt
I was in Canada for this past summer and on my last day on the mountain I was working for, Giant did a demo day for the new 2010 bikes. I'm 5"9' I tested both the medium and small frames. I was not really happy with a medium and more at home on a small for some reason. This is the reason I am being so concious of picking the best frame for me and the mesurement I was asking for isn't listed.

Thanks

Chris

I was in Canada for this past summer and on my last day on the mountain I was working for, Giant did a demo day for the new 2010 bikes. I'm 5"9' I tested both the medium and small frames. I was not really happy with a medium and more at home on a small for some reason. This is the reason I am being so concious of picking the best frame for me and the mesurement I was asking for isn't listed.

Thanks

Chris

I think part of the Reason that you liked the Small is that Giant lengthened the cockpit on the both the M and the S. Now the small frame 2010 fits more like the medium frame 06-09, and the 2010 Med frame is much better for us 6' guys that found the Large too long and the 06-09 med a bit cramped.

slowmtb

Likes Bikes
I think part of the Reason that you liked the Small is that Giant lengthened the cockpit on the both the M and the S. Now the small frame 2010 fits more like the medium frame 06-09, and the 2010 Med frame is much better for us 6' guys that found the Large too long and the 06-09 med a bit cramped.
I would agree with the above. Just measured an '10 an it is 15mm longer on the diagonal measuremant eg: '10 = 705mm / '09 = 690mm.

The '10 is very close to my '08 IH 7point and felt really good straight off.
Stock weight ( Aus/NZ market ) for DH0 = 38.1 pounds fitted with V12 pedals.

HTH

;)

cjm102

Likes Dirt
First thanks for the measurements.

I was very happy with the frame size of my old bike and felt like I almost could have gone smaller if needed. I agree with what you are saying about the altered cockpit, I just don't want to spend $6000 on a bike only to realise the frame is not really what I like (size wise) If I just get the medium will I get use to the extra length? Or should I really go with what I'm happy with now? I'm just going round in circles with these questions. Then I start looking at other bikes as an alternative, looking at their geometry and frame size recommendations just clutter the situation more so. These measurements will help me make more of a comparison and give me an indication as to how long the bike feels.

Chris

Spanners

Likes Bikes
2010 Glory

The new 2010 glory's are a little bigger. My son is 5' 10 in. tall and was on a medium '08 glory in the off season just gone and found it a little small. We took delivery of the 2010 medium glory 2 weeks ago and he finds the size perfect. These are a great bike guys if you get the opportunity take one for a ride. 17.4 kilos out the box. Ready to race.

slowmtb

Likes Bikes
The new 2010 glory's are a little bigger. My son is 5' 10 in. tall and was on a medium '08 glory in the off season just gone and found it a little small. We took delivery of the 2010 medium glory 2 weeks ago and he finds the size perfect. These are a great bike guys if you get the opportunity take one for a ride. 17.4 kilos out the box. Ready to race.
DH0 or DH1 ? Just curious. I am actually considering buying a DH1, I think they are the better spec generally IMO.

slowmtb

Likes Bikes
We have the DH0, I believe the DH1 is around the same weight. I'm a big fan of FOX, so the DH0 was for us!
Yeah I have to agree with you on the Fox 40's, my 08 DH0 has them and they are the shizzle BUT I think after a strip down and full rebuild from the word go the new Boxxers should be as good. Guess I'll find out ;)