frame paintage

riderigid

Likes Dirt
i was wondering if there is anyone in the ACT who does cheap frame painting (proper jobs as well, not dodgy backyard stuff!) i want to paint the left (or right) side of my bike silver while leaving the other the stock blue. also, can they do powdercoating?

on the same(ish) note, where can you get stickers to replace the stock ones when you get a frame repainted?

Griz

Likes Dirt
If your after a pro job riderigid go down to your local sandblasters check for one near by in your Phonebook!

They Will Give you a quote on sandblasting your frame and also they will no a good decent spray painter! Or they may also do spraypainting!

As for your decals u could goto your local sign place (signarama) and get them to copy the decals or contact your local bike store for replacement ones at a price!

Regards

Reece

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know that you can get frames pro powdercoated in canberra, as a few bmx mates of mine have had it done. i dont see it as being possible to do it on both sides, unless you blocked the frame using something tough. just go all black, no stickers, to make it pimptastic.
ill talk to you about it at school.

S.

ex offender
Griz said:
If your after a pro job riderigid go down to your local sandblasters check for one near by in your Phonebook!

They Will Give you a quote on sandblasting your frame and also they will no a good decent spray painter! Or they may also do spraypainting!

As for your decals u could goto your local sign place (signarama) and get them to copy the decals or contact your local bike store for replacement ones at a price!

Regards

Reece
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe you should use bead blasting on bike frames, rather than sand? Grip knows a lot about it, pity he never posts on here anymore :(

Agent Orange

Likes Dirt
yeh S. thats the general idea i had aswell.

as for each sid eof th ebike beign a different colour, but silver might be hard....if you mean, raw or chrome.....but as for normal colours it is easily done. I have seen a few bikes with different colours

bazza

look at me
S. said:
Grip knows a lot about it, pity he never posts on here anymore :(
maybe hes actually doing some work :wink: unlike the rest of us :cry: . back to study for me. damn uni exams.

riderigid

Likes Dirt
Agent Orange said:
yeh S. thats the general idea i had aswell.

as for each sid eof th ebike beign a different colour, but silver might be hard....if you mean, raw or chrome.....but as for normal colours it is easily done. I have seen a few bikes with different colours
that is what i wanted. just for it to be silver. if i strip one side of the frame do i have to coat that side and if so what with?