Freaky bike designs!

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Great looking frames, would be interesting to ride one.

Although they aint cheap... $3k US for a hardtail frame.

:eek:

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LordNikon said:
Great looking frames
Gotta disagree with you there my friend.
They look kinda like a school project I once did involving spaghetti and superglue :D

Bodin

GMBC
cam-o said:
Gotta disagree with you there my friend.
They look kinda like a school project I once did involving spaghetti and superglue :D
Sorry mate - I'm with LN on this one. The flowing lines on these frames appeal to me greatly and I've got a feeling that the guy that won the last Crocodile Trophy was on one of these puppies, so they probably work real well, too...

How did you get spaghetti and superglue so highly polished anyways? ;)

wtr

Likes Dirt
Bodin said:
How did you get spaghetti and superglue so highly polished anyways? ;)
...arh...coat the spaghetti with a thick layer of paint then glue them together...;)

with the experimental one, everything else would've looked sweet without the demented fork and handle bar.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
wombat said:
Search noob! :p

Definately some very interesting designs though.
Previous thread had three replys to Jonesbike.

My thread, 4 (constructive ones anyway :p ) I'm winning already and the other thread has been around for four months :D :p

Promise I'll search next time sir........ :eek:

parallax

Likes Dirt
Some of those bikes look like a cannondale - but ugly. :p

Something really irks me about that bar design. By having the hand-holds at such an extreme offset to bar like that, isn't it putting undue stress through your hands and probably bringing on hand fatigue really quickly? Instead of holding at 90degrees and dispersing the pressure by bending the wrist and elbows, your hands would have to flex inwards on themselves - in my mind it's scary shit man. I can only assume that the majority of bars with a small sweep, must adequately allow for a better fit and in turn better control.
In my opinion, it just looks like he has tried to modernise the old bike style, but not realised that ergonomics and popularity in cycling especially aren't mutually exclusive. <-- (big words johnny!)

meh? I'll probably be flamed. :p

Last edited:

Matt L

Likes Bikes
http://www.jonesbikes.com/designtech/default.asp
ok jus wondering.......does anyone make a 15 inch steer-tube to fit in that bike pic on the left....lol isnt that a little long ....maybe its just me ...and wow......this guy is on something.....those frames are maaaad ugly and they dont even look strong......just like its art..not something u ride lol

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
parallax said:
Some of those bikes look like a cannondale - but ugly. :p

Something really irks me about that bar design. By having the hand-holds at such an extreme offset to bar like that, isn't it putting undue stress through your hands and probably bringing on hand fatigue really quickly? Instead of holding at 90degrees and dispersing the pressure by bending the wrist and elbows, your hands would have to flex inwards on themselves - in my mind it's scary shit man. I can only assume that the majority of bars with a small sweep, must adequately allow for a better fit and in turn better control.
In my opinion, it just looks like he has tried to modernise the old bike style, but not realised that ergonomics and popularity in cycling especially aren't mutually exclusive. <-- (big words johnny!)

meh? I'll probably be flamed. :p
The way I see it they would be half way between riding a road bike on the top of the bars or on the drops, and riding on the drops or hoods for hours isn't a major problem. I'd think they would be great to climb in a big gear with, sort of like a pair of bar ends but with your weight further back.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
It's titanium so as far as xc bikes go I think they would be well strong enough and out last the Aluminium frames you are so used to seeing(looking strong NOT)by ages. The design would apear to maximise the spring/flex of ti giving a bit of travel and comfort.