Free coaster

Bike_Breaker

Likes Dirt
hey, i was watching "Jib" the other day and noticed one dude(dont know his name) but when fakied out of a 1/4 he didnt need to pedal backwards. after a vit of reasearch i found out that this is due to a freecoaster hub! are there any downside to running this kind of hub? and will it work with a single front, 8 speed rear gearset? also does any1 know where i could get one and what company makes them because i have looked in the showcases at all my lBS and they dont have anything like it!

primo_DHFR

Likes Dirt
yes i know what company sells them

Do you know the Brand SIC well they do them. have a look at this site and ring them up to see if they can send it to you.www.sicbikes.com.au

it is a bike shop, not the company. but the shop sells the i think.

hope this helps

yes i know what company sells them

Do you know the Brand SIC well they do them. have a look at this site and ring them up to see if they can send it to you.www.sicbikes.com.au

it is a bike shop, not the company. but the shop sells the i think.

hope this helps

thats not a freecoaster thats just a gear that has no teeth and replaces your bottom 2 cogs on your casette.

a freecoaster is a hub that disengages when you get into the right position and are going in a fakie you cant get them on a mtb as they are bmx.

that sic free costey thingy is prety cool id get that in your situation

GOLD-SY

Likes Bikes
ive seen nylon rollers that cover the highest 3 gears on your casette that will allow you to fakie backwards without pedalling. however it wont allow you to pedal foward:p up side is they only cost 30 dollars. ive seen them over an internet MTB site before but i cant remember which one it was:rolleyes: probably not what your after but if you dont have the cash its an option.