Free MTB Mag...

Mary MTB

Squid
Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I work for IMBIKEMAG looking after their marketing AKA spreading the good word...

IMBIKEMAG is a free to read MTB mag published every two months, you check out Issue 3 here:

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue3/

There is loads of technique, tests, great pictures and videos inside. Be sure to check it out.

I notice some of you are headed to the Mega, some of the boys in the office are headed out there this year. Should be an epic event.

Cheers

Mary
http://www.imbikemag.com/

Danoz

Likes Dirt
i had a quick read through, and its actually a really good magazine, lot of efforts gone into it for a freebie too

keep em coming

cheers

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Be great to see some Australian stuff in there. How bout an issue on unknown (on a world front) Australian up and coming stars?

chumbox

Likes Bikes
Actually a really good mag and they have utilised the online thing why by actually sticking videos and movement into it, rather than just posting the same old print mag.

Thanks for letting us know

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
magazine interface is excellent (how long before it's subscription based?), tech skill articles excellent, but no AU content, who cares what some bozo in the uk is doing, not that relavent to AU mtb. Reckon it would need AU content to appeal to AU market.

Mary MTB

Squid
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like it! For sure we would be keen to get some Aussie coverage in there... Anyone keen to front up and get us some pics and words?

I'd love to fly over and do it myself but I doubt my boss will let me!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
I remember reading a previous issue when it was posted up before (http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?188020-Online-MTB-Magazine and http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?190055-International-Mountain-Bike-Magazine)

Great to see the standard is being maintained - and the price :D thanks for sharing

p.s. Personally I like the truly international feel it now has. We have rotorburn and a fair few mags already for exclusively aussie stuff. but you don't get to read about Costa Rica every day...

Last edited:

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Love it.

Love the mag. I hate paying to be bombarded with advertisements (which is what a lot of magazine articles are) but am more then happy to look at advertisments if it means I also get some free education and other stuff...

I don't really mind that it isn't Australian based. A bike is a bike and goes the same no matter where it is ridden. A human is a human no matter where they were born.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's fantastic.

Regarding Australian content, the magazine is international so we can't expect it to cover much of the Australian scene. I think that it is currently very good, however I don't think that content that perhaps covers other countries should be disregarded.

The magazine does have to appeal to the majority, but like us enjoying reading about Costa Rica, i'm sure there would be a few in Costa Rica that would not mind reading about a bit of Australia. This however would require a few guys from Australia to send articles in to the mag every now and then...

willsy01

Eats Squid
.....but no AU content, who cares what some bozo in the uk is doing, not that relavent to AU mtb. Reckon it would need AU content to appeal to AU market.
How isn't it relevant? It's a world sport.....as someone has already said, bikes are bikes no matter where they're ridden. If you want Aus content, buy AMB.

Mary MTB

Squid
Thanks for the good feedback again guys. We are keen to get some Aussie stuff in there, the focus is International so we want to spread the stories around a little bit. If there are any photographers or people reading this that want to get in touch then PM me and i can give you the emails for the editorial crew.

Obviously a fair bit of our 'homegrown" content like the technique and tests has to be filmed near our offices. Which are sadly under about a foot of snow right now, unlike you lucky people enjoying the Aussie summer! This time last year i was booked to be in Perth at the end of Jan. Sadly that isn't gonna happen this year though!

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Awesome mag, love it..it makes me miss home and the awesome Surrey Hills (the original surrey hills). Tell me, is the Peaslake village store still doing those awesome lamb samosas? :)

Jubas

Likes Dirt
Have been reading since the first issue and really enjoy the technique section - looking forward to the next one!

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
awesome...found this mag about a month ago...really enjoyed the technique section...keep up the good work guys!

Mary MTB

Squid
@retroenduro Yep Peaslake is still churning out the goodies, although last time i was there they had sold out of Cheese Straws! Gutted!

Thanks for the feedback again guys and once again, if anyone has any pictures or stories from Aus then please let me know! Would love to get some footage from Down under in there...