freeride

keefie

Cannon Fodder
when can or is freeride going to become part of the calender in regards to state and national series

there are many keen people on dh , mtnx, and xc but there is also a vast majority becoming extremley keen on just big lines and northshore we have the terrain for it so y cant it be included in our other disciplines

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
We are working towards it.

Pyley is the NSWMTB Freeride Co ordinator and he has been trying to get things happening.

What we need to make it all happen is

1. legal venues (starting to get there but there are not enough suitable venues available at the moment for a true series)

2. People willing to sacrifice time and energy to help (Also coming together but same as above)

3 ....

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Craig is correct, and Brett has been on the job, he has some people building some legal dirt jumps and pylet are buying a foam pit, there is already a large jump (the uberkicker?) trying not too push too hard but later this year you may see the first action.

kelso_472

Likes Bikes
Supported in 2000, its games person been downloaded many than 1 cardinal times.PopCap's games can be played on the net, downloaded to national computers, played on gritty consoles specified as the Xbox 360, on inflight amusement systems and lineage 2 adena movable devices much as metropolis phones, area organisers, iPods and pocket PCs.
WTF??? If you are going to talk about rubbish like that can you please do it somewhere else.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A freeride comp would be very cool, and I'm sure there is alot of people willing to help/compete in a series. This may be a stupid question, but would the courses be progressive? I.E. suited to different skill levels?

Thanks

funny that this thread should apear just as i'm writing an official proposal for freeride competition in nsw. hold on tight boys an girls it's not as far away as one might think.

ive already been writing since the new year to my local council to get some freeride stuff built and they dont return my emails. kuringai council, i cannot be ignored for long!!! especially if i go to council chambers and tell them ive been sending emails since jan 15 and no reply :mad:

is there any other way than getting an angry mob at the council chambers to get some trails built?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If I remember correctly, the freeride comps that were held in the past were widely talked about and everyone was going to enter but it sort-a-kinda.........failed?

My understanding of freeride is something that you can't score or grade or measure. I just don't get it............ If it i so free and anti racing, why score it in a comp?

Dragonwoody

Likes Dirt
If I remember correctly, the freeride comps that were held in the past were widely talked about and everyone was going to enter but it sort-a-kinda.........failed?

My understanding of freeride is something that you can't score or grade or measure. I just don't get it............ If it i so free and anti racing, why score it in a comp?
If you are talking about the latest comps set up by WSMTB, I was not there for the first event though I would not call it a fail. I know people that did go and enjoyed it. Every comp has to start some where I think and just because numbers were low does not mean it was a fail or will be in the future. (If your not talking about the latest comps then just enjoy my opinion above).

It does not have to be called freeride. I think there is too much conjecture with this word. Who cares what it is called, it is just a comp to show your skills on different 'gravity based' tracks with jumps and drops you may not normally get on a DH or XC track.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
If they have big slopestyle events all over the world sponsored by big companys why dont people just ask the same companys about staging such events in Australia? Its the large cash purse that attracts the riders and the riders attract crowds and tourism.

If there were a dedicated Australian series for slopestyle i would deffinatly have a crack.

Good idea for sure

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
If they have big slopestyle events all over the world sponsored by big companys why dont people just ask the same companys about staging such events in Australia?
Oh that's what we are doing wrong all we have to do is ask the companies for some money... Why hasn't any one thought of that

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
Oh that's what we are doing wrong all we have to do is ask the companies for some money... Why hasn't any one thought of that
Smart arse farkiner hope we meet one day :p

Edit: I thought it was a legitmate suggestion i didnt mean to cause you any stress champ!

Last edited:

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Sorry shifty had to laugh at the cats comments, you see I have run all the free rides and the cat has helped a lot on the free rides and he has run everything mountain biking west of the blue mountains including the mountain bike part of Newtons Palyground.

I have scheduled 5 NSW freerides in 2010 Jet Black sponsored the last free ride at Kurrajong, we have had from 55 riders in 2004 to 6 in 2009 but I will keep trying to get the formula right. If you want to help would enjoy your company.

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would have been there but couldnt make it... sorry.

For 2010 can we have an overall points system?

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
I wanted to just come down and watch as i couldnt ride very well (not even sure i had got my bike yet) at that stage. haha that sounded like i can ride now.

Im not the best at organisation but i can work pretty hard. After attending my first DH club meeting at Ourimbah on the weekend i am pretty keen to get involved in the Club in some way.

Is there any other ways i could assist NSWMTB in the quest for better freeride competitons?

pyley

NSWMTB
looks like a great day to get my internet connected again...

sounds like i need to pull my finger out and get this stuff rolling..