Freerider

prophetrider

Likes Dirt
Hey,

I am investing in a new bike soon and want some others opinions,

i am looking for something much like the bikes used in this film here 7" travel and single crowns preferably, take a look and give some ideas, cheers mates.

P.S. its the big hardhitting agro freeriding i am looking at in that video.

link >>> http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=9tSVgswtTKE

cheers

BAZZA

P.S. its the big hardhitting agro freeriding i am looking at in that video.

Last edited:

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All different sorts of bikes are used in that movie, what do you want to do? the big gaps/drops or the dirt jumps?

prophetrider

Likes Dirt
oh yeah been looking at them!!! but i think i left out... yeah i left out that i will be occasionally racing competitive downhill so add that in :) but still want 7+" and single crowns how would it handle dh?

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Sounds like you want something that's cool and fashionable, and really haven't done much research. I doubt you're gonna find something that's gonna go alright at competitive DH and DJs..and I think 7" singles are about as big as you're gonna find, I believe at 8"+ they become triples..

Might find something with triples than can be raced and handle big drops/gaps, but basically stick to a hardtail for DJs if you want to improve your technique.

BTW, I don't know why you added the vid...it's not the bike that will get you doing that kinda stuff alone;)

dillzdh

Likes Bikes
glory...

hey man
i recon you should go a glory fr..... or wateva they are called.....
a mate races one of em dh and does drops/jumps easy!

woody 14

Eats Squid
hey mate what about a slopstyle bike? i dont know how much travel they have but i do know that u can do anything on them. someting like a kona bass. coz the u can dj, dh(may be a bit rough though) etc.

just an idea

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
Hmm, fashionable and functional, seems like a winner to me...I already like that bike BTW, think it's shit hot. It rides quite well too..

hey mate what about a slopstyle bike? i dont know how much travel they have but i do know that u can do anything on them. someting like a kona bass. coz the u can dj, dh(may be a bit rough though) etc.

just an idea
Well you don't know how much travel but you know that you can do anything on them??

I think you'll find that a slopestyle bike is just a marketing thing to some extent..sure, certain bikes will do better than others, but Cam McCaul uses his Trek Remedy in Crankworx etc..that's a bike which is designed as an all mountain/heavy-duty trail bike..and he does quite alright on it:rolleyes:

"Slopestyle specific" bikes don't really seem forgiving enough for DH to me as they generally have about half the travel of a well equipped DH/FR rig, which only really favors the smooth rider, by the sounds of it the OP isn't quite versed in his technique yet, and will most likely run into trouble if attempting to competitively ride a slopestyle bike in a DH event..then there's the fact that they usually have a quite small frame, and short wheelbase which allows you to do take the transition of a jumps face better, but this will not be good for DH at all.

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Right well I suggest possible looking at the Norco Shore series (www.norco.com), they have a great range of Free ride style bikes that can be used for racing and big dirt jumps. They consist of 3 different models all different specs on it, being the Norco Shore 3 the lowest not as advanced Free ride Bike and the Shore 1 the highest spec for advanced bike.

If you want more slope style and more dirt jumps then Norco six 1, 2, 3, and Norco Empire 5 would suit you. They aren't that much designed for downhill racing though. Also a Kona Bass is a dirt jump/4x type of bike which has a good range of spec and stability

Another range of bikes you could look at are the 2008 Model Giant Glory Expert and Comp bikes. They are similar to Norco Shores. Both single crowns ect.

There a lots of other brands that stock Free ride bikes like Intense, Orange, Kona ect. Just search on the internet and you'll find something.

Or then again you could just go buy a Downhill bike and swap the forks over!

Last edited:

Trenton

Likes Dirt

just an idea
Yeah 100mm travel on Downhill racing. Some people do it. But not that recommended for the freeride/"Agro jump off cliff" this guy is looking for!

JESSE CAIRNS

Likes Bikes
Hey mate. I say go for the Giant Glory8. it has 7" single crowns on the front and 8" in the back. you can race, jump, and do big mother drops.

Grantieboy

Likes Dirt
there is a couple of options really
-sx trail
-demo 7
-kona stinky
-norco shore
-giant glory
-commencal furious
-trek sessions

hope this helps probably not but what do i care

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
Hey mate. A Demo 7 is something you should look at.
7" of travel front and rear and it is a DH/FR bike.
With Totems :D (single crown if you didnt know that already:p)

Last edited: