freeriding in brisbane

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
sorry youve probly been asked this loads already. but does any one know were some good freeriding places are in the brisbane area cos all i can find is dirt jumps and skateparks

jamiejac

Likes Bikes
if your up for an urban cruise into the city there is always potential there, south bank and around the red hill area. night rides are also heaps of fun cause not many randoms or cars.

Speshul K

Likes Dirt
Join the big urban ride leaving from King George square in the city at 6.30 tomorrow (Thursday, 25th). There will be more than enough to challenge you.

MTB_SYCO

Likes Dirt
who organized that? sounds good though wot time does it normally finish? cause i got work early in the morning but i might get like a group of us to go.

Quintin

Eats Squid
but say your not getting your bike till saturday and you are going to want to ride somewhere good then.

are there any places to ride NS or some downhill/freeride around brisbane? Preferably on the northside ?

anyone care to show me around?

im new to freeride but ive been riding XC for about 12 months. the reason i changed is because i hate riding uphill and my NRS was a bit weak for my riding style. i would say my skill level is "good" but gimme a few rides to get used to the bike.

tu plang

knob
Quintin said:
but say your not getting your bike till saturday and you are going to want to ride somewhere good then.

are there any places to ride NS or some downhill/freeride around brisbane? Preferably on the northside ?

anyone care to show me around?

im new to freeride but ive been riding XC for about 12 months. the reason i changed is because i hate riding uphill and my NRS was a bit weak for my riding style. i would say my skill level is "good" but gimme a few rides to get used to the bike.
there are very few legal options for DH/FR, if any. Mt Coot-tha is pretty much off limits as far as the DH runs go. Mt gravat and the Toohey forest area have always been illegal.

legal places to ride would include the few DJ parks around the place - Ashgrove and Ferny Grove. skate parts are obvious a legal place to ride also.

i suppose urban style riding is somewhat illegal depending on what your doing. either way you'll get chased away.

DH is in a pretty average state in brisbane atm, but thats not to say people arent trying hard to fix it. ie DAG.

Quintin

Eats Squid
oh yay that paint an exciting picture. so brisbane freeriding is crap?

anyone else want to tell me where the illegal places are?

tu plang

knob
Quintin said:
oh yay that paint an exciting picture. so brisbane freeriding is crap?

anyone else want to tell me where the illegal places are?
hehe no problem :wink: . nerang is supposed to be awesome but thats not exactly local, that said its not too far either.

hit_man

Likes Dirt
come out to the westside 'homie' and check out Castle Hill in Ippy it has everything DH NS and XC whatever takes your fancy. i can give you directions if you need but as i said it is on the west side of brissie

Quintin

Eats Squid
someone please offer to show me around at somewhere cool. i'll drive there.

aaaaah just bought new bike. want to ride.