FRM125 front mech

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
Just a question to the FRM people out there. Still setting mine up but out of interest, anyone found the chainstays hit there front mech?

botcolon

have seat, will sniff
yeah, it sounds obvious but I have tried. I have it as high as possible and in the granny ring the chain ride on the lowest part of the mech guide. It only touches the mech in the 6" mode getting into last part of the travel. Just wondering of other peoples experiences with this frame

FR_MANIAC

Likes Dirt
i know they are close but i've never had them hit.maybe try not to be on the granny ring when you are going big.if all else fails ask your lbs or e-mail rob himself...... :)

Rik

logged out
Strangely enough, I had the same problem... sorry, it was one of the minor niggles that had been completely forgotten about with that frame.
My solution was to run 28/38, there weren't clearance issues with bigger chainrings. I ride that combination all the time now anyway, so it wasn't a drama for me to switch over.
You can sit the derailleur really high with smaller rings, but then chainsuck becomes an issue. I think I also spaced my cranks out and cocked the derailleur at an angle and that helped to use small rings for a short period of time. The other option is to look at different model derailleurs to see if their cage shape could help you. Or just hit it with a hammer then run single ring :p

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Mine's always been 28/38,so never had a problem with the derailleur cage hitting. My 02 model needed a spacer so the granny wouldn't rub on the swingarm though. My 04 I just run a single ring and bashguard mostly, but I can't recall any problems when I had the 2x9 setup on there.

Single ring is the best option for later model FRM125's WAYYY too heavy to ride UP anything on!