front brake only???

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
i've got an NS Capital (hence the name) and it cant have disc brakes on the rear because it has no mounts, so now i'm running just some v brakes. i was wondering wether to take the v brake of and run a disc on the front??? (my forks and hub are disc suitable)

thanks

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so your saying take off the rear brake and only have a front disc brake:confused:
that is really stuipd idea

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
I've seen it done. Opens up a whole new bag of tricks, but it's not as safe.

Think of avoiding a car suddenly and being flipped over the bars...

Registered Nutcase

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the front dose most of the brakeing this is true but it also throws your weight forward and hense the OTB comments, on a flat road I it would be ok to run a front brake only

Your rear while having less acutal stopping power will be the safer option becase you cant go OTB when you lock your rear wheel.

hope this helps

no its not stupid but it depends what you are doing on the bike...i dont know how your ride or what you do....obviously racing dh is going to be interesting, but skate parks, street and dirt jumps etc would be fine...

Front brake only.... Bad idea especially for dj/street.
How many times do you skid your back brakes even when your not trying? Front brakes dont skid so much....
Unless your name is danny mac or you never actually ride dont do it.

If you where to run both total different story.... Just fronts is asking for it.

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
Ur not riding a motor bike man, U'll go ass-over-tit bahhahaahhah
but if u do, can u please film it for us all to see ....??

Na, on a serious note, u'll use more of your rear brake then ur front on a push-bike.
So me personally I'd leave the rear!! and take off the front but it all just depends on what kind of riding u gonna be doing.

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you suck as a rider. its actually quite common for some styles of riding.....
so your saying you can come to a complete stop quickly if something unexpected pops out at you while your doing 40km with just a front brake?

people on fixies often just run a front brake but they have there legs to stop the back wheel aswell.

if you purely ride park and maybe dirt (as in you bike never touchs anything but the park and djs) then it would be alright.