Full face helmets for XC?

damian_eley

Likes Bikes
Giro used to make a helmet called the switchblade that could be converted between a full face and a XC type helmet. I'm not sure if they still make them (or if they are Oz standard) but I sounds like it would be perfect for you needs.

scblack

Leucocholic
Giro used to make a helmet called the switchblade that could be converted between a full face and a XC type helmet. I'm not sure if they still make them (or if they are Oz standard) but I sounds like it would be perfect for you needs.
I used to have one, I "think" they have been discontinued. Their availability in Australia stopped several years ago now.

u should get a fox flux trail helmet..or if ur more into the moto style of things .get a open face helmet from troy lee designs

anth69

Likes Dirt
u should get a fox flux trail helmet..or if ur more into the moto style of things .get a open face helmet from troy lee designs
I wear a Troy lee D2 open face during winter for xc .. Love it , it's light , keeps my head dry and is snug enough to stay put with a lupine Betty light mounted on it , I've even mounted headphones in it for music , The helmets are discontinued and are hard to find ( new )

Reigner

Likes Bikes
Thanks to everyone for your input, unfortunately im pretty sure those XC (well, really vented) Giro type full faces arent available in Australia.

But anywho went to my local this afternoon and spent up on a good quality regular XC helmet. The thing fits like a glove and when your not thinking about the fact thats its on your head you can't really notice its there :p Its maiden ride will be tomorrow afternoon!