Full Face Helmets

Fritta

Likes Dirt
Im looking into investing in a full face helmet, and was just wondering what some of the cheapest ones are. I've heard you can get a 661 comp or a netti for $130 is this true? Thanks very much for your help guys. Please respond to this post a.s.a.p because i need the helmet for bulla this weekend :D thanks.

junior

get out of my grill
its worth spending good money on a helmet it is your head after all.
i've got a bell balistic and no complaints so far.

olsson

Likes Dirt
They have to be lighter than MotoX helmets. As you have a bike thats like, less than tripple the weight of one. And plus you dont go as fast or hard on a Moto As your do on MTB, you might go big, but remember. Motos are quiet Crazy.

I dont think 661s are that cheap. The cheapest FullFace helmet I have seen is a 661 for $199

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
$130 sounds about right for the 661 , a friend got one last week from a very popular store in Fitzroy. :wink: Graphics and all! Looks nice.

I've got a Netti AXN which cost $250.

Both are very light and comfy , the 661 has slightly better visibility over the jaw part , being lower and less pointy but it's a small difference.

I think the fit will be the deciding factor. I tried 5 helmets and the Netti fitted me the best.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i use my agv motocross helmet
dont notice anything about it been to heavy but that may be that im used to wearing it i dont see the difference and in my opinion a motox helmets fine but listen to the experts

junior

get out of my grill
moto helmets are heaps heavier and are designed different. eg. longer at the back and are more bulkier around the sides. i was using a moto helmet for awhile then got a mtb helmet and noticed a huge difference u defianitly want to go wit a mtb helmet.

Fritta

Likes Dirt
hey spinner did your mate buy this helmet in melbourne? or was it a fitzroy in NSW
Thanx for your help guys.

wombat

Lives in a hole
The only Netti you'd get for anywhere near that money would be the Assult Jr. which is an XS only helmet. Even then, it's $140.

Fritta

Likes Dirt
ummm the website is www.brunswickstreetcycles.com.au i think. Very Very wide range of bikes excellent mechanics. staff of all ages. nice and agreeable staff. its in fitzroy (however you spell it) well worth checking it out jared. thats where i got my bike from (check sig). thanx guys

XR51X

Likes Dirt
How much does the average full face helmet weigh?
Reason I ask is I was looking at Netti's top of the range carbon helmet (Climax) and it says it's ultralight at 925g. That doesn't seem too light seeing as my moto-x helmet is only 1250g.
I know my helmet is light for an MX helmet, but still. I would have thought bike helmets were a shitload lighter than it.
I'll be damned if I spend $400 on a bike helmet that only weighs 300g less than my moto one. I'll just go and buy another moto helmet like mine!! :)