Full Fat or HiLo: an eeb conundrum

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Every review I’ve read of the MT5s has been less than complimentary.
If you had first hand experience, I’d take it as written but not if you’re repeating things you’ve heard

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I would recommend the Dominions. More power than Codes with similar levels of feel. Not as brickwall as Shimano's initial hit but power for days. I go back and forth between the Trickstuff Maxima's and the Dominions and the difference isn't huge.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I would recommend the Dominions. More power than Codes with similar levels of feel. Not as brickwall as Shimano's initial hit but power for days. I go back and forth between the Trickstuff Maxima's and the Dominions and the difference isn't huge.
I looked at Dominions, a bit exxy

Jabubu

let you google that for me
I looked at Dominions, a bit exxy
Brand new bronze set here for $595 if that's within budget?

Interestingly he's also got a set of gold DH-R Evo brakes for $685.

ausdb

Being who he is
@Rorschach these ones? I don't think I'm ever going to build a burly bike, I've got some rotors too.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Whilst I agree that 12 gears is 2 too many saying it's shit is a stretch imo. I've had zero issues with 12 speed Shimano or SRAM, durability is on point and with a straight derailleur hanger what's not to like apart from the cost?
Far more people then not wear out their 11 and 12 from running in a gear or two too tall on an ebike at a lower rpm, and so higher loading on cassette and chain.

Well done for not being one of them.

I’ve had mates see xx1 eagle cassettes shagged by 500km, combo of riding inappropriately and zero maintenance. The 10 speed stuff is a lot more robust.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
XT 4's, Trickstuff Power pads with 220mm rotors. Locks a full paaaahhh eeb up on 1500g DD Maxxgrips Assegais easily with one finger. Some dont like the Shimano action but I haven't noticed a wandering bite point on both sets of M8120 I have.
Cura 2 and Cura 4 are also great brakes and well priced.

Cassettes are a major worry (no issue if you are a squillionaire), mine was dead on gears 3-6 in 500km, I've only gone into 50t by mistake so a group with 42t max would do fine for me. That 25kph on an ebike means an optimum cadence, its hard on those 4 gears for flow,

Gone the full Shimano Linkglide now... not fitted yet but will be soon, currently grinding my GX into the ground.

Apparently the Linkglide cassette lasts 300% longer than any other cassette, the chain which is not a big worry is 50% longer lasting than a XTR/DA chain.

Just ripped the GX and put XT12 on that bike too, now pulling it off for XT11 Linkglide :rolleyes:

E-bikes, a whole new curve to learn.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Where is the PYR!?! I'm possibly the only other person on the forum that (nowadays) actually likes the look of the Voima and I want to see the new shiny thing (and what build spec you slathered all over it - I'm expecting maximum internet points on that front too... :p)
lol definitely not the only one.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I know nothing about these but seems a good price if your ok with a purple bike. On sale from Pushys.

1687039620427.png

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
The more concerning thing is why they’re all half price. Suggests Pushys are getting out of the market for them, which also means a lack of support, particularly as I’m in WA and they use a proprietary motor
Fair points - didn’t spot the motor bit. Trek it is;)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've a mate in the same conundrum and someone showed him that. I hopefully steered him away. Not sure what that bike is like to ride but there are too many potential issues as stated above...