DH Fully custom 08 Aomik

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys

Heres my fully custom 08 Atomik, built it up from scratch, only stock part is the dhx3 shock.
Thanks to guys on heer that have gave me some parts to:)

Rides like a dream, and yeah, your probably thinking, its only an Atomik, well its pretty pimped:p
Frame - 08 Norco Atomik
Rear shock - DHX3
Front shock/fork - 08 Manitou Travis
Handlebars - FSA 777 Flat bar
Stem -Travis Direct Mount
Saddle - Funn thanks to Tyler
Seatpost -truvative
Front brake - Avid Elixir R
Rear brake - Code 5 thanks to Oskar
Cranks - 09 SLX
Chainguide - E13 from Jack
Rear derailleur - a roadie one:p
Rear shifter - 09 sram X7 9speed
Cassette - Sram PG-950 thanks to Oskar
Front rim - 09 mtx thanks to Jake
Rear rim - 09 mtx
Spokes - DT swiss
Tyres - Ardent rear, Minion front
Tubes - dunno
Total weight - Lots

Last edited:

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy crap batman! 7.4m wide bars!

On another note, how do the Travis's ride, I was looking at a pair and was interested in how they feel, considering every single review of them I can find rave's about how amazing they are, what do you think?

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy crap batman! 7.4m wide bars!

On another note, how do the Travis's ride, I was looking at a pair and was interested in how they feel, considering every single review of them I can find rave's about how amazing they are, what do you think?
haha:p

Well suprisingly they are very good, nice and plush. I have engine oil in my so i could make em a tad firmer but if they have been well looked after they are great! right up there with the teams. Oh n get a Ti spring for radness, i have a spare soft one;)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what caliper do you have on the front??? is it a code also? if its only a 2pot swap them over put the 4pot on the front and the 2pot on the rear.

ben_rides_a_bike

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what caliper do you have on the front??? is it a code also? if its only a 2pot swap them over put the 4pot on the front and the 2pot on the rear.
Its a Juicy 5 at the moment, the front Code needs a bleed and new pads, so i had a spair juicy that was good n put it on, dont worry, it will have 4pots front and rear soon;) just dont have a cable the right size to put the code on the front for now

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
fair enough, gotta do what you gotta do to keep them running hey. (story of my life)