JD26

Likes Dirt
Although this is purely speculation....

Kulhavy
Stander
Sauser
Well (or Byberg if they wanted mixed)

Thats one hell of a 4man team! Doh!
all on Specialized 29er Epics as well. I'd race short track on one of those machines.

T6 is where it's at for the Scott this year. Just putting it out early....

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
all on Specialized 29er Epics as well. I'd race short track on one of those machines.

T6 is where it's at for the Scott this year. Just putting it out early....
I just had lunch with a dude who said the same thing - about T6 this year. He also mentioned you in person. Sounds like a battle. His team is strong(ish). ;)

29er Epic. Not a bad bike. Might know a bloke with one of those...

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As wonderful as Italy sounds, the 24HOA dates are a whole lot more conducive to my attendance in 2012 (I'm a Uni student)

Something which the press release hasn't addressed as yet (to my knowledge) is whether this fantastic new initiative by CORC will offer age categories in the same way that 24HOA did. I know that their inclusion seems to have driven a huge amount of interest/participation in the 24HOA WSC series and hope they will do the same for the CORC WSC! I also hope they are 5 year brackets like the 24HOA to maximise the the number of competitors who can genuinely vie for the podiums (the average mug like me feels a whole lot more motivated to flog themselves at 3am for 5/15 in their age cat than 92/300 overall - its not about winning, its about giving yourself that extra little incentive to drag your body around the track X more times)

Regardless, I commend CORC, Finale Ligure and the Fort William organisers for throwing their hats into the ring.

The only questions left to answer is:
how long will the CORC group wait before attempting to venture into North America?
How long will 24HOA wait before venturing out of North America again?
Will CORC or 24HOA ever venture into the German/Czech speaking world to take on BikeonFire?
Will BikeonFire (the German WSC backed by Ger and Eastern Europe) ever actually take their event out of Germany?

We live in interesting times... loving the Super League analogy!

stuartwsc

Likes Bikes
Good Luck this weekend from twenty4 sports

We wish all those taking part in the Scott 24 Hours of Adrenalin (Australia) this coming weekend the very best. Sorry we can't be with you this year!

Cheers,

twenty4 sports

.stu.

Likes Dirt
Is there any more info about the Italy race next year? The 24hfinale website still only has the youtube clip, nice clip but doesn't say much about next years event.

The CORC press release mentioned a format involving the solo only race on 19/20 May, a week of mtb festivities followed by a team 24hr the next weekend. If I'm going to go all that way I'd be very keen to stay and do both races. Would anyone else like to make up a 4-person team?

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
Is there any more info about the Italy race next year? The 24hfinale website still only has the youtube clip, nice clip but doesn't say much about next years event. The CORC press release mentioned a format involving the solo only race on 19/20 May, a week of mtb festivities followed by a team 24hr the next weekend. If I'm going to go all that way I'd be very keen to stay and do both races. Would anyone else like to make up a 4-person team?
Yes - that is all correct (events and dates). Its up on an Italian website, but we're having some "translation" fun right now. The Italian race normally opens for entries on Christmas day. Will let everyone know here if there is going to be a change to that.