Gaint NRS

Aman

Likes Bikes
I currently have a giant iguana and I'm thinking of upgrading to a NRS 2...

What do you guy's think of it...

dave

Likes Bikes
A great bike for XC riding. Not really designed for anything else. Is that what you are planning to do with it? It is a nice light weight and you get excellent compentents on GIant bikes.

Ty

Eats Squid
thanks for that Dinsy,

duncan mate, please if your going to post make it worth reading.

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
no problem.

as for the bike, a couple of people I know ride the NRS and they have nothing but praise for it.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Dinsy2 said:
as for the bike, a couple of people I know ride the NRS and they have nothing but praise for it.
As do I. The only complaint I've heard about them is in regards to the design: bear in mind that it isn't fully active, so as soon as you stomp on the go sticks in the granny ring, you all but lock up the rear end. This is great for effeciency, but you almost completely negate the traction benefits of rear suspension.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
what about a specialized epic... theyre sposed to be great bikes from the review in AMB... although i wouldnt rely on their reviews. not sure on the rrp either

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
wombat said:
Dinsy2 said:
As do I. The only complaint I've heard about them is in regards to the design: bear in mind that it isn't fully active, so as soon as you stomp on the go sticks in the granny ring, you all but lock up the rear end. This is great for effeciency, but you almost completely negate the traction benefits of rear suspension.
Yup. Having the rear end 'lock-out' like that is great if you use this bike for commuting, but when offroad, it's nice to be able to mash the gears with traction, instead of being in granny spinning away at 200rpm!

Good for long rides and 24hr racing thow, where you won't be going as hard