Gamut Podium pedals?

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Looking into new flat pedals for the DH bike, and came across these:

gamut podium.jpg

They haven't been out for long and it's a long-shot, but has anyone had any ride time on them? Or has anyone ridden Point One Podium 2 pedal (which is what these are based on)?

Also, would they work with 'crank-holder' type racks?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Koper25

Likes Dirt
They look good. But I cant imagine them working well with crankholders because the platform butts right up to the crank.

GRPABT1

Likes Dirt
I considered these when buying new pedals but I couldn't find any in stock, and ultimately wanted something larger (but not thicker). I ended up with VP Components Harrier pedals. They have a lighter version called Harrier Altitude with and actual forged titanium spindle and more machining and bling that I may upgrade to soon when they are in stock. So far I love the Harrier's, heaps of grip and real estate for my feet. http://www.vpcomponents.com/product/vp-harrier-altitude/

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the replies, guys.

Have looked into the VP Harrier pedals, but I think they might be too big (I run US 9.0 shoes). Found these in stock for $150 delivered which is pretty decent. Shame about their incompatibility with crank-holder bike racks. I've got a GripSport rack with wheel hoops, so no problems there but yeah, might be annoying at 'ride days' where crank-holder racks seem to be the norm. Guess I could carry an allen key in the pocket, and take a pedal off after a run... Hmm...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Previous generation was the po1nt podiums ... Good grip ... Nicely rounded ends schamfered, bevilled ... However you spell it.

id use them again if I wasn't on Spank Spikes

beno

Cycle Solutions
Got mine through that ubjk or wateva site a couple wees ago after a aborted attempt with freeborn uk(don't bother!), $136 landed! Best price by a mile!! fitted to sram carbon cranks, which have the tread sitting in a couple mm from the crank face, I thought they might bottom out before being fully tight, but fitted with no problems. A pedal washer would erase any issues you would think.

Ride great, I get less pedal strikes than before, get more leg extension without messing with my bar to seat height, are bloody light, and should b tough with the solide materials used in construction. Pedal screws/studs r only alloy though, they won't survive to many direct hits

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Do these work with crank boots? Had a set of Spank pedals once which were awesome but lack of compatibility with crank boots is a bit off-putting.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Pulled the trigger on the Podiums! Ordered through Ubyk and got them for $148 delivered. Will post an update when I get some ride time on them. Cheers.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
That's a pretty good price for such a high end pedal. How flat/concave/convex are these pedals?

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
That's a pretty good price for such a high end pedal. How flat/concave/convex are these pedals?
Slight concave, maybe?

gamut podium.jpg

Yeah, Ubyk seem quite competitive with their prices. Haven't ordered through them before but people on here seem to rate them, so should hopefully be all good.

jarrod839

Banned
Ive ordered a few things from ubyk as prices have been good and took just over two weeks to get to melbourne with there free royal mail option which was ok as wasn't in a hurry.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Just a quick update...

Experience with Ubyk was good. Pedals arrived about a 1.5 weeks after ordering. Took them out for a lash yesterday and first impressions are good. Thought I might notice the outboard bearing bulge, but no issues there. Pedals felt good under my 5.10s and pin placement seems pretty spot on. Rode in somewhat muddy conditions yesterday and they shed mud really well. As another poster was saying, pins are aluminium so will be interesting to see how they go in the rocks... All in all, so far so good. IMG_5395.jpg

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
I have a pair of these coming from Ubyk. I've read 2 reviews now saying pedal washers are required with these - noob question: are they necessary, and where are they acquired? CRC search doesn't show any up.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a pair of these coming from Ubyk. I've read 2 reviews now saying pedal washers are required with these - noob question: are they necessary, and where are they acquired? CRC search doesn't show any up.
Speak to a sram dealer, they are available aftermarket in a pair

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
Pedals finally arrived this week, first ride today. Very happy so far with the pedals, a nice upgrade from the Saints I had on. More stable. Easier to move foot around when I want to, but it stays put otherwise.

Ubyk was a mixed bag. Pedals were in fact not in stock despite what the website said. Took several weeks to dispatch apparently due to problems at Gamut's end. Ubyk did however regularly email me to keep me up to date with progress.