VIC Garage sale - Close enough to all SOLD

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Couple of upgrades have left me with some bits that are not going to be used again and might be of some use to someone else. Everythings available for pickup in selby, or i can take it to lysterfield usually once or twice a week or if you ask real nice, i might be able to deliver since i do a bit of driving for work. postage isn't my favorite thing, but i dont want to exclude all of you that aren't lucky enough to live up near mount dandenong ;)

Item: Added - SRAM GXP crankset 175mm + 32t direct mount NW ring
Item Condition: very good
Reason for selling: decided that dark grey just isn't black enough
Price and price conditions: Paid $120 a few months from another burner ago and bought a new BB for it. $100 firm SOLD/
Extra Info: drive side was new when purchased, i'd say i've put less than 300km on it. non drive side almost looks better than the drive side now because i obviously dont ride straight and i've put some rub on the drive side. marks on the BB from installing and removing with a cheap tool, but otherwise its seen less than 300km and is smooth as silk. chainring looks to have had a fair bit of use but i didn't drop a chain in the time i used it.
Pictures: Yup!!!!!!!!

Item: RS Monarch RT 200mmx51mm rear shock
Item Condition: used, but not for long
Reason for selling: bike takes 200x57, i want my 5mm
Price and price conditions: would like a swap for a decent 190mm shock with lockout, but otherwise, $70 SOLD/
Extra Info: minor mark on shaft that wasn't there before i removed it, must have dropped something on it :( also i had taken the sticker off because yellow didn't suit my bike, one edge doesn't want to stick back down

Item: XT 2x FD. direct mount, high mount, dual pull
Item Condition: great, maybe 500km old at most and barely did any shifting
Reason for selling: 2 rings up front confuses and enrages me
Price and price conditions: $10 posted
Pictures: Yup!!!!!!

Item: white 31.6mm seat post
Item Condition: scratchy, but barely used
Reason for selling: off the wifes intense, she now has an ano purple seatpost to not use
Price and price conditions: a beer, even a VB i guess. would work great for yobbing up my fridge
Pictures: Yup!!!!!!!

Item: chainrings / mech disc calipers SOLD/ cable brake levers SOLD / old exage road brake lever / Etype FD / ugly old bottle cage
Item Condition: a picture tells a thousand words (read: i cant be arsed anymore)
Reason for selling: tried to use them as xmas decorations but wifey gave me a look and i put them back upstairs.
Price and price conditions: you tell me, i'll probably take the change you find when you look under the back seat of your car
Pictures: Yup!!!!!!!!!

Item: Fizik Gobi saddle
Item Condition: used, so very, very used
Reason for selling: thing causes me some exquisite discofort past the 3hr mark, back to WTB for me
Price and price conditions: is it worth something? pretty sure it has the word carbon printed on it somewhere, i imagine that makes it worth 50x more monies, so maybe 50c? SOLD
Extra Info: thing is really used, and being primarily white it really shows this. would suit someone thats selling a bike to someone they dont like

Item: Roval Traverse front 29er front wheel. 15mm axle, 25mm wide rim
Item Condition: used, but good. couple of marks and some leftover tubeless goop, no buckles dents or flat spots
Reason for selling: shiny new novatec diablos
Price and price conditions: $100 SOLD
Pictures: Yup

Item: old CB Joplin dropper post, 31.6mm
Item Condition: working, but not ideal. must be pulled up manually
Reason for selling: too large for the XC bike, have a better one on the AM
Price and price conditions: $50 posted SOLD
Extra Info: Bought it knowing it had issues, pulled it down and attempted to open up the inner chamber with a tool i made for my other joplin posts but i've failed hard at this and mangled the chamber seperator so it cant be opened now (at least not without destroying it completely). I believe the issue is that air seems to move between the chambers slowly so the pressure is even between them and it doesn't shoot upwards like it should. otherwise it seems to work fine, goes down and back up if you lift it manually, and doesn't drop when in the up position.
Pictures: Yup!

Item: Shimano M545 clipless pedals
Item Condition: scratches for being a pedal, but good
Reason for selling: like my DX pedals better
Price and price conditions: $40 posted SOLD
Pictures: Yup!!

Item: old shimano clipless pedals
Item Condition: old, well used, still work
Reason for selling: scared to ride without cages
Price and price conditions: swap for a beer, doesn't even have to be a good beer. prefer a beer that hasn't been opened yet though SOLD

Item: big ugly heavy shin smashing apocalypse proof flat pedals
Item Condition: rough looking, but will probably outlive civilization
Reason for selling: dont have a 30kg bike to attach these to
Price and price conditions: swap for 2 beers, definitly must not be opened! SOLD
Pictures: Yup!!!!

Item: XT crankset 175mm with 34t works NW chainring. can include jetblack BB
Item Condition: well used but still ticking. couple of scratches and granny ring tabs have been ground off (missing a crank arm bolt too, i'll try to dig up a replacement before i send them though)
Reason for selling: wanted black cranks on the bike
Price and price conditions: $70 posted SOLD
Pictures: Yup!!!!!

Item: singlespeed stuffs
Item Condition: varies from used to very used
Reason for selling: exploded knee, dont see myself doing SS again
Price and price conditions: i take back that comment about VB, its not ok SOLD
Extra Info: couple of tensioners, half link chain, some cogs

Attachments

Last edited:

poita

Likes Dirt
Is the bb for the xt cranks nice and smooth? Keen on them if I can get away with using the bb too. Threaded I assume?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey mate, yeah threaded bb and bearings seem smooth. Haven't used this bb though so not 100% on it, the one I took off the bike had a mangled thread on the non drive side (was able to save the frame thank f#@$!). Can include the mangled one too, drive side is good...

Forgot to mention, I've lost one if the crank arm bolts at some stage too and can't find another one in the collection. Will hunt a bit further before sending them out...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Sent you a message - are the XT cranks and pedals still for sale?
Sorry mate, crankset is sold pending payment (but theres a bit of a line for them too if this one doesn't go through)

all the pedals are still here though, take your pick ;)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bump

Sold a couple of things, added a couple more

XT crankset back on the market, seems the fella wasn't quite as keen on them as i thought

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
wouldn't mine the shin smashers if not to much hassle or expensive to post to 2480, thanks
You're a brave man, when I got them they still had half the previous owner's leg dangling off the left pedal. I guess you could repurpose them as some kind of medieval weaponry though, get ready for the zombie apocalypse!

I reckon I can get them into a post bag easily enough, how does $15 posted sound?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tune on the shock?

As per other thread, think I've got an RP23 in 200x57 if you're interested.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Last Bump - just a shock, an FD left and some rubbish left. i'll just let them gather some more dust in the cupboard if nobody want them...

Thanks for letting me know curly, missed your post way back then. will be curious to see your hand built masterpiece when its all together!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Crankset gone in a snap, thanks for the quick turnaround!

Still a couple of bits left, but they don't take up a bunch of space so I might give it up soon. Feel free to make lowball offers on anything that's left, I don't need any of it...