Garmin 24 2011,redesdale,vico,hi noon

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The course is far from smooth but half of it is firetrail. Could be some bad the breaking bumps after a few hundred laps but I think you'll be ok on a rigid.

Although there's a bit of climbing per lap, there's only 1 or 2 pinchy bits. I cruised around a few laps on 32x19 (9er), I'll be soloing the race on 32x20.
Just have to tell everyone not to lock up their brakes........

I've only just swapped to rigid and have found that my NINER carbon forks with the big wheels feel just like 26" with 100mm anyway....

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just looking over the startlist, in the solos, Mr SS Bellchambers is going to be hard to beat ... again.

fergo

Likes Dirt
Is there any chance the course will be marked this weekend so mid week recon rides during the upcoming week can navigate successfully?

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys/Girls, I rode the course again today with a friend who is doing it in a six with five other novices and another guy we met there today who is riding solo and bounced ideas of each other as we all are at different levels of riding and are racing Different categories, my friend really struggled round the course but was happy with The terrain and difficulty bar the length of the laP is a couple of kms to long for him and his five other team mates he thinks especially for 24hours, we all agreed that the solo riders and pros are going to have a hard time passing four and six rider teams that are on there ttt lap..... They don't want to hold the other categories up or ruin both of there races on certain sections of the lap, will there be an A and B line on the harder sections and for passing????
Thanks Scott

Anti_Trainer

Likes Dirt
Perhaps too late for 2011, but SS solos should all go breaded (even ladies)!
I should be good for about 1/2 a loaf - I've never been a full loaf package kind of guy.

As for passing lots of people in the TTT - the solo's will be fine - they love having a chat to people to stay awake, the more the merrier!

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Scott, as far as passing people on the track from a solos perspective we see examples of track congestion all the time, particularly as we come through the transition area. Rider fresh out on a lap goes out like the clappers, some try and barge pass you some politely ask to pass, 5 minutes further down the track the rider that passed you in the first 100mts of his lap has blown to pieces and we go past them! :) Track congestion is something that affects us all, will a solo win or loss a race because of it "no" What it does give us sometimes is the opportunity to eat, take a nature break or even have a chat as Brett mentioned previously.

Not a big issue from a solos perspective

Looks like its going to be a hot one next weekend :clap2:

quiggs

.stu.

Likes Dirt
Yeah, don't stress about passing and congestion for solo riders. Here's a couple of tips though...

Unless its the first lap, we've ridden this section of trail... quite a few times... quite recently.

If we say "keep going", then please keep going. We know this section isn't suitable for passing and there's a better opportunity just up ahead.

If we say "can I have track here?", then please allow us to pass here. We know this section is suitable for passing and it gets worse just up ahead.

When we ask for track, please don't look for a section wide enough to come to a complete stop and put your foot down. All we need is for you to slow down slightly, move slightly off the main line and tell us to go. We're quite capable of riding around you as long as we're confident you're expecting us.

If you're unsure why we just caught up to you and haven't said anything, we're probably happy for the rest and we know this section isn't suitable for passing. Ask us if we want to go past before you jump out of the way.

Relax and enjoy the ride, we're out there to have fun too.

Baby Animal

Likes Bikes
No worries guys I'm in a four and will be nailed for as much as the lap possible with all the rest in-between laps.... Just used to How much fun forrest was last year and having heaps of room. All that I thought about sections of the lap was the six's stopping on harder obstecles and block the faster more experienced riders....

bradbike

Likes Bikes
team member wanted

hi all,we need a rider for a team of 4,any ability,very social ,drop us a line if anyone is keen,cheers brad.

akashra

Eats Squid
The question has been asked about solo riders wanting to use two bikes throughout the event, which I thought worth putting here:
Solo riders will be assigned two race number plates; a second transponder is also available for solo riders at request.