Gary Fisher Roscoe - AM/Trail bikes

Robb

Likes Dirt
I am looking at purchasing a new trail/all mountain bike and was interested in the Gary Fisher Roscoe. Just wondering if anyone has ridden one, and any general thoughts about it?
The main intended purpose would be just a fun trail bike for around canberra, not planning on racing. I also own a VP-Free for downhill, and currently have a salsa caballero for XC riding.

Other bikes I have looked at are the Rize, Trance, Pivot mach 5, and commecnal meta 55. Ideally I want a 5.5" travel bike (140~mm)
I have taken the rize for a demo ride and liked it, but the price has increased allot which leaves allot of other bikes in the 3.5k - 4.5k range. I also took the Trance out for a demo and I didn't think it was plush but this could have been due to the setup, as I didn't know the correct presures to run.
Any other thoughts or sugestions?

Last edited:

oldbean

NSWMTB
Hey Robb,

The Roscoe would make a fantastic "fun trail bike"! Lightweight, stiff, plush suspension and easy pedaling make for an excellent all-rounder. I've had a ride of one around Manly Dam in Sydney, and it is a blast! Extra confidence and control on the DH parts of the trail, and no obvious disadvantages while pedaling up them!

You should also be able to arrange a test ride of a Demo Bike through your local Fisher dealer, which in Canberra is either Bike Culture or Ride Shop.

Unfortunately price rises because of the dollar are hitting every brand, so you'll have to get a price from your dealer for the bikes, but they are great bikes, as I reckon the test ride will show you! Have fun!

oldbean

Robb

Likes Dirt
Cool, what did you think of the DCRV? And how did the Roscoe compare to a trek fuel ex8?
You wouldn't know the weight on a Roscoe 1 would you?

I have been speaking to bike culture and they mentioned they would be able to get a demo bike in, as at the moment they probably weren't going to order any Roscoes. I will be demo'ing a Commencal soon, and be in melbourne after christmas so I might check out some of the trek/gary fisher retailers down there.