Votes: 42 45.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
DHDozer said:
I'm not ignoring the questions. I'm not God and I don't claim to be anything else but me. The questions they've raised are their business, not mine. Of course I'm not answering them.
I'm not agro, this thread was always going to get hot and I know why I'm involved. I don't care if anyone is against what I believe because it's my business. It is a hot debate and people are always going to stand firm.
If someone believes something is right, no one will change it.
I'm not concerned about the reply's I get because it is a debate yeah?
Keep them coming I say, all input is valued.
Then the question still stands, if gays aren't inclusive of marraige because they can't have kids, why is this not the same for hetero couples who choose not to have kids?

BTW, views can change. A few years ago according to me, refugees should be blown out of the water, gays shouldn't marry, immigration should be heavily restricted, the poor were poor because they didn't work hard, homeless people were bums etc. But then I actually had to interact and work with these poeple (I'm talking gays in the army, going to combat zones and seeing repectable people and children being forced out of their homes and onto leaky boats woithout food and water, had a friend who turned schizophrenic, lived homeless/on the street and ended up killing himself....I rode passed his body as it lay on the road without even knowing it was him.

Reality aint as simple as my ignorant and unfounded OPINIONS lead me to beleive.

Of course we can change.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
NeBoS said:
Whats the 'rhythm method'?:confused:
Having sex between menstrual/ovulation cycles to decrease the chance of conception.

It doesn't work because sperm will stay alive for up to a week within the female and actively seek an ova the whole time.

As unreliable as the "withdraw" method.....use your imagination for that one;)

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
DHDozer said:
No one has asked the question of why is gay marriage illegal? I think the answer to that might answer most peoples thoughts.....

Oh jeepers, hear we go! Why is marraige illegal? Fucking good question eh!

kevpun

Likes Bikes
johnny said:
Why not? Are you aware that the divorce rate is about 30% and climbing? It's not as if the institution of marraige has any dignity to start with. Hetero couples have been seeing to that for years.

Marraige is a bloody joke altogether. Want to speak of something being un-natural? Let's talk about monogamy and the pathetic religious ideals of maraige.

It always raises a laconic smile on my dial when people try to defend and uphold the virtues of something as pathetic as marraige in the first place.

"Oh Noes!!11!! all that is good and right in the world has been soiled because two men are married!! Allz iz lozt!!11!!" I can't believe that people think marraige is so special anyway. I'm thinking of divorce, domestic violence, polygamy, polyamoury, arranged marraiges, shotgun weddings, single parants, unequal divorce settlements, etc.

What on earth is it that you're protecting here?? Is it really worth it?
I have a very happy marriage, I love my wife and I love my two beautiful children. I also love my parents (who also love each other and have been married for 60 years). My wife loves her parents (I kinda do too and they've been married for almost 50 years).

Despite the fact that you seem to think marriage is a farce due to ... what is it??? Statistical reasoning? I simply don't.

What am I protecting? My family.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
NeBoS said:
Oh jeepers, hear we go! Why is marraige illegal? Fucking good question eh!
I answered what I reckon in #117. People, we've all got a view on this and I'm in it up to my teeth. I'm not backing down from what I've said but an earlier post did state that he felt strongly like I do and people change. Time will tell.

kevpun

Likes Bikes
Techno Destructo said:
I have mixed feelings on this one, being that it's not exactly a "normal" family structure for children to be raised in.

However, I do feel strongly about a few things:
1. The two gay parents can be just as, or even more loving than normal parents.
2. "Normal" families can be just as dysfunctional/abysmal as any family structure.
3. Kids with parents who want them are FAR better off than having no parents at all. If I was in an orphanage with no family/parents and I got offered two gay parents who wanted me? I know what decision I'd be making!:cool:
I agree with most of what you're saying. The one exception being that I don't believe a homesexual environment is a healthy one for a growing child. Not because the parents wouldn't love the child (good and bad people come in all flavours), more because it doesn't offer the right balance. I'm probably more anti lesbian parents over gay males too - for no particular reason, just a "gut feeling".

Ryan

Radministrator
kevpun said:
I have a very happy marriage, I love my wife and I love my two beautiful children. I also love my parents (who also love each other and have been married for 60 years). My wife loves her parents (I kinda do too and they've been married for almost 50 years).

Despite the fact that you seem to think marriage is a farce due to ... what is it??? Statistical reasoning? I simply don't.

What am I protecting? My family.
What are you protecting them from? Your family won't be forced to gay marry, they're not going to catch "the gay". Realistically, it can't think of a single material effect that it would have on your day to day existence.

Here's a question for you, IF one of your children was homosexual, would you want them to be prevented from marrying their partner?

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Marriage is devoid of meaning in modern society, what with 2 out of 3 marriages ending in divorce. The only reason people get married is to throw a party where people will stroke their ego's. Just about everyone lives together before they are married, has sex before they are married and should have a well developed and stable relationship before they are married.

If gay folks want to do it, they are welcome to it as far as I'm concerned. If a same sex couple wants to adopt or raise kids, why the hell not?

Who cares, really, there are far worse things going on in the world today to worry about than whether 2 men or 2 women want to get married and bring up kids!

My parents have been married 36 years, I'm in a stable relationship and I still think that marriage is a joke. Getting married or not is not going to change my relationship one iota. I don't want kids now, and I won't want them just because I've signed a marriage certicicate. Even if I did want them, being legally married wouldn't be a factor in when and where I chose to have them.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
johnny said:
It doesn't work because sperm will stay alive for up to a week within the female and actively seek an ova.
Yeh, i learnt from that educational movie:p

johnny said:
As unreliable as the "withdraw" method.....use your imagination for that one;)
Oh yes, i have used this one many atime, your in the moment, without protection...

kevpun

Likes Bikes
johnny said:
Should un-married women be allowed to fall pregnant?

Same question as gay marraige and parenthood if you ask me......
Current affairs programs I've watched indicate that the fifth baby you have outside of marriage gets you enough money to buy a washing machine ... all with thanks to the taxpayers.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
johnny said:
BTW, views can change.
I fully agree. Not everybody is born with set-in-stone values. And those who can't change their values/opinions/ideals, well, I'm not sure what their problem is. Too pig-headed? Not very intelligent? Replicants?

My opinions have changed over time, and some are still in a state of evaluation, as seen by my views on lesbians and sperm donors. Although I'm a lefty at heart, I'm willing to hear convincing arguments on both sides. It's the only way to approach life in general!

Sic

Likes Dirt
Kevpun what sort of point is that about anything? Tax payers funding heaps of kids is not even close to what this discussion is about. Besides as a father you should know how little money a washing machine equates to when you compare it to the cost of bringing up kids.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Forget gay marriage, I say we ban red head people from getting married. Why?
Come on people, their hair is RED!
And if two red heads get married and have kids then chances are they're kids will be red head too*. That's more people with RED HAIR!

*Red hair is dominant isn't it? I always forget.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Techno Destructo said:
I fully agree. Not everybody is born with set-in-stone values. And those who can't change their values/opinions/ideals, well, I'm not sure what their problem is. Too pig-headed? Not very intelligent? Replicants?

My opinions have changed over time, and some are still in a state of evaluation, as seen by my views on lesbians and sperm donors. Although I'm a lefty at heart, I'm willing to hear convincing arguments on both sides. It's the only way to approach life in general!
I think its amazing how some paople NEVER change! When i hear older people (60's+) in the community talking about homosexuality, i really cant believe were living in the same country. Old habits die hard.

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
wombat said:
And if two red heads get married and have kids then chances are they're kids will be red head too*. That's more people with RED HAIR!

*Red hair is dominant isn't it? I always forget.
Ha ha ha...thats really funny:p.

Ryan

Radministrator
wombat said:
Redheads are more likely to be communists too, which is another good reason to stop them spreading.

Status
Not open for further replies.