GCMTB Illinbah open day Nov 2013

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, here is a rush edit of some clips I took at the recent Illinbah open day.
Thanks to all the riders and event organisers.

[video=youtube;qHPstbmIRyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHPstbmIRyU[/video]

Last edited:

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
tmc_2, was this filmed with a DJI Phantom or something bigger? Nice work as well!
Hi mate, no phantom would not handle the range, speed or altitude, I used a similar size platform so I could get in through the trees, although those shots did not make this edit.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Hi mate, no phantom would not handle the range, speed or altitude, I used a similar size platform so I could get in through the trees, although those shots did not make this edit.
Have you got some info on what you used? I was looking into a Phantom for ease of use, but if there is something better out there......that wont cost me a kidney!
Also, I've seen footage of the Phantom up that high, I'm surprised you say it can't handle that altitude. Approx how high was your fottage shot at?

Cheers in advance.

Hux

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Have you got some info on what you used? I was looking into a Phantom for ease of use, but if there is something better out there......that wont cost me a kidney!
Also, I've seen footage of the Phantom up that high, I'm surprised you say it can't handle that altitude. Approx how high was your fottage shot at?

Cheers in advance.

Hux
Rephrase a phantom will fly that high but not as easy, what you dont see in that vid is the wind gusts over the hills. The phantom runs a 3s setup and flexy blades, I am running higher voltage and carbon blades, google earth has that hill at about 450m I think. Best way is to start out simple and a phantom is a good all in one package.
Once you start wanting better video, more range, more power it will coast you your kidneys.
Your best bet is to build some thing your self if your able to, if not the phantom is a good all round starter rig.

Last edited: