G'day from Emerald, Victoria

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a quick introduction from a born again mountain biker.

Rode bikes on and off over the years, early days just dunny runners at the racetrack (raced motorcycles once upon a time). Then a bunch of racer mates decided we would get fit, so several years back we got into riding around Lysterfield, before it became the bike park it is now. 5 or more years ago I broke my pelvis (not the first time or the only bones, there have been many) and gave up on the mtb's and the roadrace motorbikes around the same time.
A few years and a lot of pies and bourbon later I jumped on the scales.
After leaning a long way forward to see over my fat guts I was surprised and decided it was time to do something about it.
Dusted off the old treadly, Scott Genius '06 vintage, and hit the trails. Well I've been having a ball so I just bought a new toy last week, Specialized Enduro 29. Nothing like a new toy to boost the motivation.
Well it's working, dropped 13kg in 3 to 4 months and hope to drop another 10 or so.

Want to get into a bit more adventurous stuff so I'm heading to Bulla this weekend.
Great forum and I hope I can learn a lot.
I spend a bit of time on car forums so a bit of banter and stirring are the norm for me.

Hope I don't upset anyone too much when I post a dumb question after forgetting to search first, like "what's in my trail riding bag" ;)

Ride on.

Last edited:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
PS, any newbies like me having trouble getting the confirmation email, it appears the forum and bigpond.com don't get along, I used a different email server (gmail) and no problem.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wrights Forest has some good tracks to ride in Emerald, I used to access them through Emerald Lake Park

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ride Cockatoo to Emerald occasionaly through Wrights and the lake, a mate runs a business at Emerald lake. There used to be some good little technical tracks around the lake, I went looking for them the other day, seems they are all closed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And look at that soaring post count! I bet this guy read the rules and understood them. Keep up the good work.