G'day from Tassie!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
My name is Chris and I have a MTB addiction.

It started many years ago with just and innocent purchase of an Apollo Altitude for what I thought was expensive at $400. I rode with the wife and kids along local cycle paths and parks, things were grand.
Then about 12 months ago I was introduced to the dark world of single tracks and MTB bike parks and things started to spiral out of control. Soon I bought a cycle computer to track my speed and distance, and then I started riding up large hills for no reason. I bought a Garmin to gain even more data...
Then on that fateful day a shady character led me to STRAVA!!!
I was hooked before I even knew it, I was searching the local area for "segments" that I could rate myself. I would find myself sneaking out of the house to get my fix, busting myself up even larger climbs, risking life and limb on speedy descents.
When the old Apollo could not aid my skills anymore it was cast away when I risked financial ruin by purchasing a used Giant Anthem for $1600. I couldn't believe that I had spent so much on a bike that was not even new, but I wanted it so much and the other "junkies" I had begun to associate with reassured me that that was a bargain as buying new would lead to selling a kidney.
After the first ride I pushed too hard and had my first big off. The shame of riding home bleeding, taking myself to casualty with my kids in tow, going to work with a bruised and battered face and body. But still I was thinking how much faster I could descend how much higher I could climb and the golden glow of a KOM.
Now I spend my days at work day dreaming of the next sweet single track fix, of flowing descents and mountainous climbs. My wife and kids rarely see me as I slink out of the house in my baggy pants and nylon shirt with the click clack of my cleats and when I return I hide away to "upload" to seek the glory of the golden cups and precious crowns. Weekends seem to be filling up with dates of events with no time to rest, with "racing" opportunities, new trails flashing in my eyes on social media, even the night in no longer a refuge from the turning of the cranks, "AyUps" put waste to that.
So here I am today, to admit that I am addicted to MTB, in front of others with the same affliction.....

So....WHO'S UP FOR A RIDE THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockon: