Gear Review - Works Narrow Wide

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I bought for my Mondraker Foxy a Works 34 tooth narrow wide chainring from Crankin.net.au . First thing I must say is that I received my chain ring overnight ! Quality wise it looked the goods straight out of the bag . Nice and light too , although I did not weigh . Initial bolt on showed I had the chain line right so it was with only a minor tweak to the barrel adjuster that optimum shifting on the bike stand was achieved on the monday eve for wednesdays eve test .
The test spot in question is Appin , where if its going to drop it will be there , which is filled with lots of rocky goodness and a night ride is point and shoot into lots of rock gardens and rooty goodness . Under load shifting was crisp and precise . Introduce the gnar and not only was the drivetrain quiet but no chain was dropped . I`m not the smoothest of riders on a larger travel bike so this was a good sign for me . Coupled with the fact that they were on sale these are a win in my book .

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've also run one of these in the past and found the same thing. Good quality, good price and service.

I only ran mine for just over 500 kms but it wore well and I had no drops at all. A good no fuss piece of gear.