Gemini DH swingarm

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
I met a fella up at Oxford Falls on the weekend with a Gemini with a really sweet set up on his Gemini Large - 888 up front DH swingarm with a 3" stroke shock giving 8" instead of 2" stroke and 7" travel on the standard frame.
Can anyone tell me if the front triangle is the same on a medium gemini 170mm travel as the DH rig?
Will the DH swingarm fit on a medium frame Gem enabling the use of a 3" shock resulting in longer travel.
If this is possible anyone know where I can get a DH swingarm , how much it would cost and what shock dimensions are needed as in eye to eye and type to do this to my old girl to give her longer legs ?
cheers
s-t-m.

Popcorn

Banned
Or you could just go nuts with the cordless and drill yourself some new piovt holes in your swingarm.

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Or you could just go nuts with the cordless and drill yourself some new piovt holes in your swingarm.
Yeah your response was as useless as your farkin name mate if you haven't got anything constructive to add to a thread just pop off popcorn and use your drill to remove the crap between your ears.:mad:

Rik

logged out
Is it really worth stuffing around for an extra inch of travel? How would the rest of the bike respond, geometry-wise?
The advantage I could see is longer shock = better feel, but it still seems a bit iffy.

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Eye to eye length on a standard gemini is 200mm, on a Gemini DH frameset it is 240. This is because of extra distance between the seat tube and the front shock mount on the DH frameset as I understand it. To accommodate a 3" travel shock which would be longer than 200mm you would have to have the Gemini DH frame (front triangle).

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt
Eye to eye length on a standard gemini is 200mm, on a Gemini DH frameset it is 240. This is because of extra distance between the seat tube and the front shock mount on the DH frameset as I understand it. To accommodate a 3" travel shock which would be longer than 200mm you would have to have the Gemini DH frame (front triangle).
Ahh thank-you customjimmy an educated answer! much appreciated now I can waste no more time on this folly and keep the Gemini as a trail bike and use the Judge for the big stuff.
Thanks to Rik as well .
Popcorn go back to playing in the sandpit with your Tonka trucks

seanus

Likes Bikes

Wouldn't happen to be this one by any chance? ;)

I thought the front triangles were different which seems to be confirmed. I just did a quick measure on mine, from the front shock mount to the centre of the seat tube is 30cm.

Hope this helps!

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
Thats a gemini DH.

They came stock with 3inch shocks giving 7 inchs of travel, they had a super low leverage ratio.

single-track-mind

Likes Dirt

Wouldn't happen to be this one by any chance? ;)

I thought the front triangles were different which seems to be confirmed. I just did a quick measure on mine, from the front shock mount to the centre of the seat tube is 30cm.

Hope this helps!
Yeah that would be it , nice talking with you
cheers