Get well soon Ryan and Craig

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
today was carnage at ipswich (Qld, near brisbane for those of you who dont know). Ryan (a farkin.net crew member) overshot a berm after a steep drop and launched a good 20 feet in the air, and fell a further 10 feet i reckon onto sharp rocks. His now in hospital, has to get some metal plate in his arm, it was a seriously bad crash...and to whomever told Ryan he should 'just go home' do you now see why he went to the hospital eh?

Then some of us (myself, lindsay, wodey, craig van haren, deano, dom, ty, tim) hit up coo-tha. After building a kicker on top of a waterbar it was a good 53 feet to the down side. Wodey hit it first, just missed clearing it, and somehow stuck the landing, was a great recovery. Then Craig did the same, except not so lucky. landed on the nose, nose wheeled, got chucked and now looks like he has 2 broken bones in his wrist and kidney damage. A bad blow to craig as him and wodey are about to travel overseas together.

The farkin boys wish you guys a speedy recovery!

Tom

Likes Bikes
Ryans crash was real bad. When I asked if he was okay though he said "yeah only blood", HARDCORE!!!

Ty

Eats Squid
when boxxer world cups look like this you know your in trouble
(fully compressed and bent backwards)

moments before Craig came off, he was so close to getting it back together. hope he can get back on the bike really soon.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
his lucky he had his d2 on, there was bits of it lying all over the ground. craigs modelling career is saved :)

Lukedog

Formerly dhr208
yeah weiner is in hosptial, out for 8 weeks, maybe surgery, has to cancel his norba trip, dam crashin sux!

Lukedog

Formerly dhr208
i hear ty got his crah on video, must have been pretty full on, sux when dudes get axed, but dudes are steppin it up so its bound to happen i guess...

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
craig definetely stepped it up, and yeah Ty has the whole thing on vid, he showed the ambo's when they came :)

DOM

Eats Squid
Man it was full on ... craig was coming into those bars 5th gear pinned .. preloading the previous bars for more speed he launched .. looked farking insane .. until he nosed forwards ..

One thing i noticed though .. im on the phone to the ambo's ... panting like mad cause i just ran up a steep fire road .. so im breathing heavy and she goes .. settle down take it easy .. were their any cars involved .. and i go no a mountain biker on a trail .. and things kinda got a bit more relaxed. The ambo's must have the bikers on high priority.

i couldnt tell her the exact road we were on ? so it became a hassle and a long task to find out ? gezzz .. how many roads going up cootha ? gotta be one side or the other.

30mins later they rock up.

haha i like how he inspected the helmet hahah .. like he was some sort of guru. -

but yeah .. a very carnage packed day ... Hats off to anyone at Ipswich to braved the wild rivers which flowed down blackstone.

Yeah i hope Ryan has mentally lost any love for riding.
and I hope the bone doctor can mend wiener as hell do some damage on the Norba circuit for sure. More aussies to dominate.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
U able to get a copy of the crash up on the net ty?
Get well soon Craig and Ryan, I guess it has been quite a while since anyone locally has axed themselves majorly so I guess we were due for one.. but two on the same day is insane! Get well soon boys.

Ty

Eats Squid
out of respect for craig i'll wait till we get permission to use it, the video capture above is probably enough for now.

also if i keep putting footage up on the net i'll have nothing new to compile a DVD with maybe later in the year.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i hate stackin, it hurts. id love to see the video of it or at least a pic of the 50ft gap. get well soon fellas

DOM

Eats Squid
it's not a tumor - i mean gap.

It's not really a gap ... more like launching off 1 water bar and sailing 53 feet to the next waterbar.

You could re-create this on your own fireroad hehe.

but unless you have amazing bike handling skills ... skills which exceed those of Wiener and Wodie i wouldnt try it.

it was very very fast.

Ty

Eats Squid
well after seeing bits of weiners helmet explode into the air as he hit the ground i think i made a wise choice and got my self a full face this morning, $200 is pretty cheap insurance for protecting your head.

heres another capture