Getting XX1 completely dialled?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I've just installed XX1 on my trail bike and have taken it for a couple of rides. It's every bit as awesome as the reviews say it is and I'm very happy with it apart from one small niggle. When I index the gears, the shifting is crisp, immediate and 100% positive on all gears up and down except when shifting from the highest gear (10) to the second highest (12). It doesn't matter what I do with cable tension or derailleur position/tension - I just can't seem to get this one shift happening 100% like all the other gears. For some strange reason it seems more likely to make this shift when under load.

For those of you out there packing XX1 - is there any trick to this? Does it just need to 'bed in'? I can't imagine that my shifter is faulty, it seems to click in just fine with the same amount of cable being moved as all the other gears. Also pretty sure that my derailleur hanger isn't bent.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've just installed XX1 on my trail bike and have taken it for a couple of rides. It's every bit as awesome as the reviews say it is and I'm very happy with it apart from one small niggle. When I index the gears, the shifting is crisp, immediate and 100% positive on all gears up and down except when shifting from the highest gear (10) to the second highest (12). It doesn't matter what I do with cable tension or derailleur position/tension - I just can't seem to get this one shift happening 100% like all the other gears. For some strange reason it seems more likely to make this shift when under load.

For those of you out there packing XX1 - is there any trick to this? Does it just need to 'bed in'? I can't imagine that my shifter is faulty, it seems to click in just fine with the same amount of cable being moved as all the other gears. Also pretty sure that my derailleur hanger isn't bent.
Adjust your B-Screw in, the cage will be fouling on the knuckle of the derailleur.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Might check josh,s idea. The 10 to 12 and 12 to 10 change has always been a little slow for me.

It's a pretty rare gear though, certainly off road it's rare for me

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Awesome, I will definitely give that a go. It's actually a gear change I use a lot as I like to focus on the downhill sections of the trails I ride. If I didn't use it I would be happy to let it go, but it's pretty annoying when you're flying down a hill and need to quickly shift up to 12 for a slightly pedally bit of track and it mis-fires...