Giant 2014 Range!!!

struggles

Likes Dirt
I think Giant are the only big manufacturer that isn't releasing a fat bike this year. Odd. Mind you, not that odd, as they still don't have a single speed bike either.
They had a SS frame a few years back based on the XTC 26er.

Shame they still don't make it.

I think it's only a matter of time before they bring out a Fatbike.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
Well the 29er is dead. .. Well according to giant... and in 2015. This is the last year that they plan on doing 29er's, 650B from here on.... about time that I don't have to keep looking at those gumby wheels. :bounce:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They had a SS frame a few years back based on the XTC 26er.

Shame they still don't make it.

I think it's only a matter of time before they bring out a Fatbike.
Wasn't aware of the XTC SS, I might have to google images to find one now.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
So not only did they not change anything on the 2014 29er range, they kept the 2013 graphics designs. Wow haven't giant neglected the 29er!
It's not about "neglecting the 29er", it's simply that Giant typically produce any given frame for two or three years, and the Trance 29er was only introduced last year. It's not at all unusual that the olny difference is in the paintjob.

vtwiz said:
davnic74 said:
Isn't that a 2013 29er?
Actually, I thought the new Giant bikes had a dropper post with internal routing to the bottom of the post not like the one pictured on that 29er?
Again, it's the same frame as last year's bike. Although I'm fairly sure the routing for the dropper post on the new frames is the same. Gear/rear brake routing is different around the BB/lower linkage area.

akashra

Eats Squid
Has anyone got a full RRP list of the 2014 models that they could post before the details eventually make their way to the Giant website where the models aren't even listed yet?

I asked a store owned by people I'll happily buy one from if that's the model I end up going with (waiting on the Merida releases as well, particularly the 0.Seven, and I've been open and honest about that), but I've realised after I'm not sure if they've told me the RRPs, or "for you, $x". Might be useful to have the full list anyway.

It's a damn shame the models I'm interested in (XT spec) are certainly far from the nicest colour schemes. Black for the Anthem and some weird pinkish-blue for the XTC ... anyone want to swap a 0/1/TM frame so I can run on an XT groupset? :)

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
Picking up my anthem 1 27.5 medium on Tuesday! A bit of change left over from 3k.. Retails at 3299, very happy with that. Most people charging retail!
From what ive read Its an slx build with xt crankset and rear derailleur.. Unsure if its avid or shimano brakes... Either way it'll look nice next to my 2013 sb 66. Working so much barely get to ride.. But she'll be out at Hornsby and the Oakes in the next few weeks!

With wait till next year and pick up the hawt gt40 styled HT! Use it as a roadie/short xc course bike

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
Yeah because components aren't a big deal to me.. They'll wear out and I'll replace with something better eventually. Really i'm paying for
Frame
Fork
Shock
Wheels
Crank..
Warranty

New set of brackets will be peanuts..

akashra

Eats Squid
Which particular frames are you looking at Tim? I'll have a dig through the info on Monday.
XTC 27.5 and Anthem 27.5. My preference would be to an alloy frame, but highest priority on feature list is that it's an XT groupset as opposed to X0/XX etc.

Looks like pricing is starting to trickle down to BikeExchange though - hadn't actually seen the Anthem 27.5 1 (alloy) so hadn't asked for pricing - would be interested to see what spec the Anthem 1 is.
Need to get some weight figures for the XTC, Anthem Advanced 1 and Anthem 1. Anything sub 11kg I'm happy with.

cooken

Likes Dirt
Now I just need to find out what the total weight is for the 1 and Adv 1.
The alloy frames don't usually weigh much more than the composite Anthems, but the Anthem 1 has lower spec wheels and cockpit and fork compared to the Advanced 1. I'd be surprised if the alloy model snuck under 11kg. I'm guessing those wheels wont be light.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Now I just need to find out what the total weight is for the 1 and Adv 1.
I see you found the updated website before I got here. :smile:
I'd be surprised if they came in under 11kg unless they've put the new frames on a massive diet. The 26" Advanced of two years ago was 11.25kg out of the box with no pedals & full XT build. The 29er version of '13 was about 500g heavier. My alloy 26er ('12 frame) is about 11.4 after a bit of a diet, with predominantly SLX, on XT wheels & Reba fork.