Giant 2014 torque specs

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
I'm sure I have this saved as a Fav on my home computer. Will try to remember and have a look tonight. It is specific to the 2014 models. No idea what the 2013 specs are though but can't see why they would change much. I'm in the middle of changing my shock at the moment.

teK--

Eats Squid
I'm sure I have this saved as a Fav on my home computer. Will try to remember and have a look tonight. It is specific to the 2014 models. No idea what the 2013 specs are though but can't see why they would change much. I'm in the middle of changing my shock at the moment.
Will be good to compare notes thanks. If different to what I was advised earlier by Giant we'll have to work out which one is correct. I have been running 2013 specs for a year with no apparent ill effect.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Is there any tricks to torquing up the lowest chainstay pivot bolt?Giant done a great job designing so you don't have to remove cranks or anything to get to them all so this one has the nut and allen key on the non-drive side together. Doesn't seem to engage the torque wrench. I just tightend it to feel the same as the other one at around 12-14Nm.

teK--

Eats Squid
Is there any tricks to torquing up the lowest chainstay pivot bolt?Giant done a great job designing so you don't have to remove cranks or anything to get to them all so this one has the nut and allen key on the non-drive side together. Doesn't seem to engage the torque wrench. I just tightend it to feel the same as the other one at around 12-14Nm.
I ended up buying a new torque wrench due to this bike and its left hand threaded bolts.

The only way to tighten that bolt is to hold the nut with a thin spanner and then tighten the bolt anti clockwise (using a torque wrench if yours does this).

This is the one I bought: http://www.wiggle.com.au/lifeline-professional-torque-wrench/ it is commonly branded as more expensive names such as Pedros. I checked it against the Kincrome wrench that it replaced and they were both fairly similar in accuracy.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Yep thats the same as mine. I think it just felt to tight and didn't want to keep going until it clicked. I nipped it up just with an allen key. Has one short ride might check them all again.