Giant 29er hardtails 2013

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Like the look of the XTC Advanced SL 0, but just wish they had a Shimano spec version instead... Personally would prefer XTR over XX. If I were to pull the trigger I'd probably buy the frame only and build it up from there...

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weight

I'm not sure if many people follow Flow MTB on the various social media sources, but they posted from Giant dealer camp saying the XTC advanced SL is sub 9kg stock.
Pretty impressive!

fergo

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure if many people follow Flow MTB on the various social media sources, but they posted from Giant dealer camp saying the XTC advanced SL is sub 9kg stock.
Pretty impressive!
8.9kg. No pedals and probably small frame. Model down ie Advanced 1 is 9.9kg - same deal.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
8.9kg. No pedals and probably small frame. Model down ie Advanced 1 is 9.9kg - same deal.
Sorry Fergo, I presumed everyone knew how the weighing game went..
Even using the small size and no pedals, it's good to see Giant are still working hard on keeping the racers happy

marti

Squid
My new XTC Advanced SL 29er 2 arrived today, looking forward to the first ride...
Its an XL, weight is with XT pedals and converted to tubeless. It was 9.8kg on the dot converted with no pedals. The LBS also had a medium which was 9.82kg with tubes and no pedals.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First ride

Be sure to let us know how it rides Marti, from what i understand, these have not been overly easy to get a hold of..

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
go marti, that's a beauty. like the weight, if you're slow on that, guess what? It aren't the bike buddy.

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Be sure to let us know how it rides Marti, from what i understand, these have not been overly easy to get a hold of..
Was at the LBS today and the Giant rep happened to be in. Asked him the availability of the XTC Advanced SL frameset and his response was "early Feb 2013". Basically the deal is is that they get all the orders from the shops then put in the order request with Giant HQ...

Bit of a wait... :frown-new:

My other option is a Swift Carbon D-Vore which is cheaper and available now... Decisions...

My other option is a Swift Carbon D-Vore which is cheaper and available now... Decisions...[/QUOTE]

I like the look of these... Where can you get one in Australia?

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
My other option is a Swift Carbon D-Vore which is cheaper and available now... Decisions...

I like the look of these... Where can you get one in Australia?
You can't... There's no dealers or distributor here. You can order direct from Swift Carbon though. Flick them an e-mail and they can sort you out.