Giant Anthem riders don't smile

nexusfish

El Mariachi
Given that Aston Martin are tweaking a Toyota hatchback to sell as the AM Cygnet....perhaps they can start tweaking Anthem's and Defy's as well. After all, Giant is the Toyota of the cycling manufacturers (or are they the Hyundai? Hmmm).

So there's a question...who is the Great Wall in the world of bicycle manufacturers?
Huffy. Or new iron horse

Machine

Likes Bikes
I wish i could afford to buy a new Giant Anthem, still riding a carbon NRS1 and i drive a Hyundai IX35 and ride a Giant TCR advance roadie. I don't care NRS1 still gets me around solo 24hrs ten of them in fact without any mechanicals and the IX35 is a company car so free fuel WOOHOO!!
BTW love this thread and MTBikers drink beer not shiraz.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Apollo, Malvern Star, Dunlop...they have been around since day dot.

Apollo's are a bit like a wall, they are cheap and heavy, but they are hard to break. My Apollo was a trusty old stead.
Perhaps...but they all have that mysterious quality known as 'heritage'. Most of these brands are older than your Grandmother.

Great Wall bought its heritage in the form of the plans and tooling of a redundant Japanese ute. Perhaps that makes Giant a precursor to the Great Wall?

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Road riders can be such miserable cunts.

I think even when I'm being a miserable Anthem rider cunt I'm 100 times friendlier than the majority of road riders.

Rode around Mc Carres creek road today to get to s some MTB tracks.
They are all miserable. (road riders)
Getting off the road was such a delight. I think I even managed to smile. And even attempted to help someone with thier flat.

Stan's bus rant's since 2011. Now on 4S

Hi every one am beginner hare and i study this community message board it's really awesome and most useful i like it and thanks for giving such a useful details i get from here many useful details for which can confirm valuable for me keep it up and i appreciate you on this operating....

Last edited by a moderator:

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
Errr .... this would have to be one of the most useless threads on this Forum.
LOL

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
I am in tears over this thread, tears of laughter. If you guys knew the MAD MTB club, nearly every member owns a giant anthem and each comment is like a different member of the club, including their comebacks. lol you couldn't script something like this, dead set fucking hysterically funny. Even funnier is when they try to sell them and don't get dick compared to what they've paid for em, nearly the whole club buys from the one store. Fucking cracks me in half.:high5:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Road riders can be such miserable cunts. *snip* I think I even managed to smile. And even attempted to help someone with thier flat.
I used to help people with their flat tyres too. When I rode a MTB...

But now I ride a roadie I just ride really fast past people with flats and throw my empty GU wrappers at them whilst giving the Contador 'Pistola'.
Always behind my Rudy Projects, leaving the smell of baby oil in the air. Cool as ice, hard as nails.

rone

Eats Squid

But now I ride a roadie I just ride really fast past people with flats and throw my empty GU wrappers at them whilst giving the Contador 'Pistola'.
Always behind my Rudy Projects, leaving the smell of baby oil in the air. Cool as ice, hard as nails.
At least you're not a triathlete.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
I got hit by a car yesterday felling sore'nstiff as, thought today was gonna suck cause I gotta go to work, after re-reading this thread I'm still laughing and feeling much better straight away, thank you to the guys of rotorburn for your comic relief HARMONICS, your hysterical. Just made my day regardless of the pain. what a fucking crack up!!!!!!

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Road riders can be such miserable cunts.

I think even when I'm being a miserable Anthem rider cunt I'm 100 times friendlier than the majority of road riders.

Rode around Mc Carres creek road today to get to s some MTB tracks.
They are all miserable. (road riders)
Getting off the road was such a delight. I think I even managed to smile. And even attempted to help someone with thier flat.

Well think about how you would feel if your tyres were so skinny that you could hardly even move off the bitumen onto the gravel shoulder safely while riding along at full speed :)

Knopey

Likes Dirt
BTW I think Anthem riders don't smile because they know if the frame breaks they can only get a 29er to replace it. Then they won't be able to corner.
They couldn't corner beforehand either - not the bike's fault!

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Absolute classic Harmonix. Absolute classic.:clap2: