Giant Glory 2 2012. Upgrading the rear shock!!

I have got a 2012 Giant Glory 2 with the standard Marzocchi Roco R shock and want to know if I can throw on a FOX DHX RC4 Shock. Just not too sure about shock sizing. The spring I got on it at the moment is 350lbs x 2.80..

Thanks

Last edited:
Research in progress

I have got a 2012 Giant Glory 2 with the standard Marzocchi Roco R shock and want to know if I can throw on a FOX DHX RC4 Shock. Just not too sure about shock sizing. The spring I got on it at the moment is 350lbs x 2.80..

Thanks
I am researching it now for you. 1) For you 2) Because I am going to do the same with the new DVO shock and forks!

willsy01

Eats Squid
So it has a 2.8" stroke.......grab a ruler and measure from the middle of the top mounting bolt to the middle of the bottom mounting bolt to get the overall shock length. Pretty sure it's 8.75" on the Glory, or maybe 9"

Shock Specs

So it has a 2.8" stroke.......grab a ruler and measure from the middle of the top mounting bolt to the middle of the bottom mounting bolt to get the overall shock length. Pretty sure it's 8.75" on the Glory, or maybe 9"
It is 8.75 total shock length from eye to eye. What other specs do you need when choosing a shock?

willsy01

Eats Squid
Stroke length.......giggety.

Also, choose the spring rate based on your weight. Lighter if you're a whippet, heavier if you're a fat bastard.

Shredden

Knows his goats
The 2010 onwards Glory takes a 8.75 x 2.75 shock.

Its not actually a 2.8 stroke, its just that some springs (fox in particular) mark the actual potential stroke of the spring, whereas others mark the stroke length shock it is designed for.

You can use this to work out what weight spring you require. I have found it to be very accurate with my bikes so far (V10, Sunday and Commencal supreme) - http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx