Giant Glory 2011 weights?

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
just weighed my 2011 01 and it came up at 17.8 kilos as well so he is far from fact..... mind you thats with pedals

Tubes on the stock build are DH tubes, removed those on mine for freeride ones, weighs in at 17.1 kg without pedals & 17.57 kg with pedals - not bad straight out of the box hey?
Imagine where it could end up? World cups instead of Teams, Vivid air, 2.35 minion rear? 16Kg?

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Tubes on the stock build are DH tubes, removed those on mine for freeride ones, weighs in at 17.1 kg without pedals & 17.57 kg with pedals - not bad straight out of the box hey?
Imagine where it could end up? World cups instead of Teams, Vivid air, 2.35 minion rear? 16Kg?
yeh me and dad are going to try and get it down to 16.4 with new wheels, seat post,bars and a hope integrated stem/crown... there defiantly strong enough from what i saw of you haha ;)

Parko75

Squid
Hard to believe it but it i just went to the local bike shop that deals with giant and yes it is going to be that light :/. I have a norco sasquatch and it weighs a ton more than the 10 glory.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah cool, I just ordered the Elka Stage 5 for it, should be here in about 3 weeks :)

Also bought a frame skin for it too, took my time with the hot soapy water and the hair dryer, went on real good!

Recommend them www.frameskin.com
hmm ill look into that. yeah the ELKA is amazing especially for the price.... considering its almost half that of an RC4.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Hard to believe it but it i just went to the local bike shop that deals with giant and yes it is going to be that light :/. I have a norco sasquatch and it weighs a ton more than the 10 glory.
nope,this thread i think is fianlly resolved, people now owning their glories have reported weights of 17.4-17.8 stock
So they clearly have not dropped 1.5kg which to be honest was pretty clear in the first place.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2011 glory IS 1.5 kg's lighter
are you drunk? 2011 frames are EXACTLY the same as 2010 frames there is no way in hell that 1.5 kilos was lost in components, i also work at a shop that sells giants and have had a thorough look at both bikes and own a 2011 one so believe me they are NOT.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
are you drunk? 2011 frames are EXACTLY the same as 2010 frames there is no way in hell that 1.5 kilos was lost in components, i also work at a shop that sells giants and have had a thorough look at both bikes and own a 2011 one so believe me they are NOT.
DIDO! That